Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

• 9 months later...

I have a pasquali orion 85hp with loader.

Couldn't fault it for being stable powerful and great in the woods. Belly plate is a must. I run mine with a 6tonne farmi timber trailer and a votex forest mulcher. Bit noisy in cab with it smashing 4inch trees. Price was alot. Really alot. Could own a very tidy conventional tractor or mog for the money. But had them already. key is offering something no one else has.

Bit of a revival here. What are people's thoughts on loaders fitted to alpines? I'm currently looking for a compact with a loader, but think an alpine, may be a better job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

We have a loader on our alpine, been spot on. Really good tool. I think the issue is only if you put one on a artic steer alpine, makes them unstable

Bit of a revival here. What are people's thoughts on loaders fitted to alpines? I'm currently looking for a compact with a loader, but think an alpine, may be a better job.

What would you be using the loader for?

I went for a compromise position with my 50hp reverse drive alpine and bought a second hand 3 point linkage forklift mast.

They are cheap, a doddle to attach and remove, stable and can lift more than a loader as the weight is close in.

Best purchase I have ever made for shifting things around but obviously not much use if you are planning on bucket work.

Thanks for the comments. I'm thinking of around 40hp, may a bit more, so not as big a some. The loader will be used for moving brash with a grab, moving chip and logs and occasionally moving bags of logs. So I think a fork lift mast wouldn't quite be what I want just now.

All useful fed back, but I imagine finding one is going to be a tough!