Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

Front steer is still loads more manoueverable than a conventional compact tractor and still has the advantage of independent brakes - get a good snig behind an artic and it can't steer!

Second this, doubt you'd find yourself stuck with front steer and split brakes, also if you want to use the alpine at full speed then front steer is less twitchy.

Check gearbox specs if you want to power heavy implements too.

Nice to see such positive comments about our AGT ‘Alpine tractors’.:001_smile: We also handle the Antonio Carraro which is certainly the worlds leading brand of Alpine type tractors.:thumbup: I am also very familiar with the BCS built machines as we handled the Pasquali along side AGT before swapping over from Pasquali to Antonio Carraro. I thought the following would be helpful for anyone considering an Alpine Tractor.

The AGT835 is articulated steering and is our oldest model with many sold over the years. There was then a front steering model called the AGT835T. Both these models have a somewhat ‘different’ gearbox layout as it’s in the front half rather than the back half. This means the gearstick layout is different to your average tractor. It has one gearstick on the side of the gearbox with 3 speeds and a single lever that comes out though steering column and gives you a forward / reverse shuttle so you can ‘shuttle’ forward to reverse in high or low. The gearbox in the front puts more weight over the front axle which is great for traction. It also allows the whole chassis to ‘oscillates’ far further than it on any other ‘Alpine tractors’. Where this tractor will go is quite amazing and I can honestly say a good driver will take it places you wont get to with any other Alpine tractor. I have even seen one customer drive his up a flight of steps using the artic steering to ‘climb’ as he drove forward!

A few years ago we introduced the AGT835 Forestry. A few years before that the front steering AGT835T was replaced with the AGT835TS and the gearbox is like normal tractors with the gearbox in the rear half and gearstick’s between the legs. The advantage of this is it is far more spacious in the driver and has a ‘semi-independent’ PTO so you can engage and disengage the PTO without using the foot clutch. The front steering AGT835TS is near as damn it the same physical size as the articulated AGT835 but still has the same turning circle of the articulated AGT835. Below is a picture of an AGT835TS along with Carraro TRX100. We can fit either with front logging blade etc just like the AGT835 Forestry. At the moment the AGT835TS is on special offer at the same price as the old AGT835!

As for choice between front steering and articulated, Richy-B made a comment: ‘If you are in the woods more than 50% of the time I'd go for articulated. Any less go for front steering’. I think that’s pretty much spot on, front steering cuts in like a car etc. Articulated steering means the wheels of the tractor follow in the same footprint so for use pulling a forestry trailer Articulated is great. The comments about skidding out with articulated steering are also correct and with a linkage skidding grapple I would say front steering is best. For working on Steep ground / banks articulated steering can be quite unstable with most implements so front steering is better. One thing to also consider is re-sale value further down the line. The market for articulated tractors is more limited than front steering tractors so if you have a change in circumstances you are more likely to find a buyer for a second hand front steering Alpine. So my personal believe is unless the majority of your work forestry and you really need articulated steering, I would go for front steering.

59766ef03e458_Ergit_100TRX044.lowres.jpg.b394124a6731df4a3c6076191f5bef14.jpg

59766ef03abb6_agt835ts01.jpg.c014f1fe53d004bb315a1c979cc31d70.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I still havent ordered yet, but I am pretty sure that I am going to order the Pasquali bendy steer. I have two prices from Europe which are really fantastic, just working out transport, but I might just go and collect it myself and then I can pick up a few other bits on the way. I will post up some pics and some feedback when I have it here