Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

21 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

@JonnoR an old thread that might interest....

It does indeed mate, cheers (although these sorts of threads do start burning a hole in my threadbare pockets)!  I know they're less flexible, but I'm seriously looking at these iron horses: http://media.lennartsfors.com/2018/03/Product-information-The-IH-Classic-and-Flex-2018-ENG2.pdf

You've seen a little of the wood, and I think given it's relatively small these would act as a mini forwarder, then I can buck it all up and stack them next to the track to the house.  They also have some auger attachments for planting up and I can load them in the back of a van and help out my neighbours (in exchange for firewood maybe).  For about €13000 all in, new.  Not sure that an Alpine tractor and a few PTO attachments could come in under 18-20k.

• 2 years later...

Thread resurrection. I picked up this the other day, got it into the workshop over the weekend. Child’s play to work on. Bolt on belt driven hydraulic pump, outboard mechanical linkage operated brakes, simple engineering. Took a while to get used to the non live pto- it’s a lot like it’s two wheel tractor cousins only it has a hydrostat so it’s bearable. Clutch in, select pto speed and hydro range (3 choices). Let clutch out, control with the hydrostat. I like it- only had a quick play on some steep ground but it’s very capable. Wasn’t too sure at first having been used to the luxury of a Kubota but it’s growing on me. As a niche machine I think it will excel. 

it’s front steer, and reversible. 2000 hours, 38hp. Came with a reverse drive flail which wants all the flails replacing. It also came with a pair of home brew snow chains which I’m looking forward to trying. I gave 8k plus vat which seemed fair given the rarity- although it’s a 2001 machine!! Prices will no doubt drop like a stone shortly 🙄

I wanted hydrostatic and around 40hp, so that it would run everything I use the Kubota for plus have power spare for hills. 

I was very pleased when the flail collector fit straight on, only had to spin a few pipes. The hydraulic top link works too! Only has one double acting and one single, but as the single has a return and  a float setting you can use it for the top link so long as you don’t need to push it out. Works ok for this application at least. Guess you can always lift the links, float it out and then lock it, but would imagine that might not pressurise it properly.  I’ll see. 

im also thinking it will be spot on for the pto stump grinder. More hp than the Kubota, still hydro and a reversible seat. 

B1FB993C-A2FD-4376-B67A-37F12A976889.jpeg

A0175294-8B7B-4D7D-AA60-611650559F1E.jpeg

C7D3690B-FA13-436B-9D50-F22772C0E0AA.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, doobin said:

Thread resurrection. I picked up this the other day, got it into the workshop over the weekend. Child’s play to work on. Bolt on belt driven hydraulic pump, outboard mechanical linkage operated brakes, simple engineering. Took a while to get used to the non live pto- it’s a lot like it’s two wheel tractor cousins only it has a hydrostat so it’s bearable. Clutch in, select pto speed and hydro range (3 choices). Let clutch out, control with the hydrostat. I like it- only had a quick play on some steep ground but it’s very capable. Wasn’t too sure at first having been used to the luxury of a Kubota but it’s growing on me. As a niche machine I think it will excel. 

it’s front steer, and reversible. 2000 hours, 38hp. Came with a reverse drive flail which wants all the flails replacing. It also came with a pair of home brew snow chains which I’m looking forward to trying. I gave 8k plus vat which seemed fair given the rarity- although it’s a 2001 machine!! Prices will no doubt drop like a stone shortly 🙄

I wanted hydrostatic and around 40hp, so that it would run everything I use the Kubota for plus have power spare for hills. 

I was very pleased when the flail collector fit straight on, only had to spin a few pipes. The hydraulic top link works too! Only has one double acting and one single, but as the single has a return and  a float setting you can use it for the top link so long as you don’t need to push it out. Works ok for this application at least. Guess you can always lift the links, float it out and then lock it, but would imagine that might not pressurise it properly.  I’ll see. 

B1FB993C-A2FD-4376-B67A-37F12A976889.jpeg

A0175294-8B7B-4D7D-AA60-611650559F1E.jpeg

C7D3690B-FA13-436B-9D50-F22772C0E0AA.jpeg

Which engine has it got?

14 minutes ago, dumper said:

Careful when in reverse they suck mowings into the radiator overheat really quick, I put a fine mesh over the radiator made clearing easieralways used to take compressor and blow gun 

The previous owner has already done that as well as made one side hinge 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...