Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

• 2 months later...

Does anyone run an alpine and mulcher similar to that in the video at the link? If so what are the health and safety implications of of having a cab. Will wearing a helmet,visor etc suffice, or is a cab essential? I am pretty sure no helmet is just foolhardy.

Cheers Mark

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

I haven't used a mulcher like that on an alpine but would definitely want a properly guarded cab. With a powerful flail It would be far too easy for debris to be launched forwards, hit something and come back at you. A small flint or both of wire fencing could easily kill you if it hit you in the throat.

G'day

I'm in the market for a smallish alpine tractor preferably with a loader. Needs to be able to run a small flail collector so 30Hp would be perfect. If anyone has anything suitable I might be interested. Feel free to reply here, pm or ph 07891460791

Cheers

Does anyone run an alpine and mulcher similar to that in the video at the link? If so what are the health and safety implications of of having a cab. Will wearing a helmet,visor etc suffice, or is a cab essential? I am pretty sure no helmet is just foolhardy.

Cheers Mark

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi, I run a pasquali 85hp orian with a votex 150 forestry mulcher.

It's a beast, I wouldn't have a cabless model. Plus a belly plate is a must.

It's been a great bit of kit but overall cost is very high. So you defo need alot of work lined up. The seppi in that vid is 15 grand plus tractor, gess 20 grand, .

These mulchers use hp

Look at the flail manufacturers range and go somewhere in the middle as a minimum would be my suggestion. A 1.75m mulcher as pictured is going to need 60hp at the very least which excludes most small and medium alpines. I'd have thought 75hp+ would be best.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to getting a tractor, a BCS 750 RS, which I am very happy with, I would have liked more HP but couldn't find any...

Anyway, the 3tpl arms are very slow and won't lift any significant weight. I will check the hydraulic pressure in the week when I can get a gauge. The arms lower ok (as far as I can tell having never use one before). It has the proportional control joystick and i am confident that the electronics work on all the services. So my thoughts are there's a safety valve that has stuck or there's a response valve which i can't find. Given the arms lower ok, sort of rules out mechanical stiffness (I think). I should mention that the tractor has had a side arm flail on it for the last 8 years during which time it has only done 500hrs (wish i work for the EA)!

Any thoughts? TIA

• 2 years later...

Hi - i am in the market for a small alpine tractor to work on topping/mowing on some steep (and currently boggy) banks. Also used for carrying a back box and some small trailer work but all very close by. We have some woods so will ooccationally be used in there too. Hope to spend 8-10k inc vat. Any help would be much appreciated....

Edited by Coops88