N series Valtra handy spec?

LGP Eddie

There's some Grade 1 shininess on that site :)

3000hr Valtra T203 for £59.5k how much was that new??

Dunno but 9 years ago the boss bought a nice new T190 for me to mulch 100ha of rhody, I loved it, and he said it was only £50k then.

I'd buy one but current boss will only look at JD and certainly won't allow me to play with it.

I know where there is a Forestry cab one basically same spec and done nothing apart from used as a rough terrain fork lift!

Can't get it off the guy!

Hate the CVT on the road, but off it, just so handy. Is that pump not available on a Versu?

Eddie.

The Versu also has the load sensing pump with near 160l/m displacement too. If you have the upgraded one. CVT on the road takes some getting use to i remember crossing the A1 at about 4pm with a CVT there was a long lag between pushing the leaver and the tractor moving. Scary as the rush hour traffic is flying across the roundabout.

I was warned off higher-houred CVT tractors (6000 plus) by an ag mechanic (regardless of make, but he was originally talking about Fendt which is the same as Valtra AFAIK) as they are susceptible to wear and are a big job to repair. I can't imagine the back end of a Fendt is going to be a cheap thing to open up and pour parts into...

The Versu also has the load sensing pump with near 160l/m displacement too. If you have the upgraded one. CVT on the road takes some getting use to i remember crossing the A1 at about 4pm with a CVT there was a long lag between pushing the leaver and the tractor moving. Scary as the rush hour traffic is flying across the roundabout.

I had a new N163 Direct on hire and absolutely fell in love with it, until it came to low loading the machine to another site with it!

You literally had to write it a letter to ask it to set off at a junction, and it just wouldn't attain any sort of speed on a hill.

With the low loader empty on the same extremely long steep hill it could be brought down to 18mph on the clock, but a T151 hi tech we had would do 27mph all day long on the same hill bottom to top.

Apart from that it was a fantastic tractor and blessed with the 160ltr pump which we put to great use on a Kesal stroke processor.

The real beauty was being able to simply programme in what flow you needed, and adjust it at will if more speed for a function was required.

No doubt I'll be down at Lamma drooling over them again, even if I think they've gone soft now with the new look!

Eddie.

I had a new N163 Direct on hire and absolutely fell in love with it, until it came to low loading the machine to another site with it!

You literally had to write it a letter to ask it to set off at a junction, and it just wouldn't attain any sort of speed on a hill.

With the low loader empty on the same extremely long steep hill it could be brought down to 18mph on the clock, but a T151 hi tech we had would do 27mph all day long on the same hill bottom to top.

Apart from that it was a fantastic tractor and blessed with the 160ltr pump which we put to great use on a Kesal stroke processor.

The real beauty was being able to simply programme in what flow you needed, and adjust it at will if more speed for a function was required.

No doubt I'll be down at Lamma drooling over them again, even if I think they've gone soft now with the new look!

Eddie.

Hi EDDIE sounds great mate happy new year thanks Jon