53 plate transit crew cab tipper....any issues!?

Big T

90ps is very underpowered for a 3.5T tipper IMO. We've had a fair few of them. Engine is always screaming when full and weighing in at 2.6T unladen they are always full :)

Solid flywheel conversion is a must.

Get a good mechanic to check the timing chain and guides are in good nick as they are prone to fail without warning.

Sorry if I sound negative but the sad thing about transits is they aren't very good really and finding an alternative isn't easy.

When our current one needs replacing I'm going to try a Japanese truck next... They can't be any worse!

Rust !! Power on the engine can be up graded, inner wings,sills,floor,chassis etc can suffer quite bad on some of them, my mate has them in regular for welding and the state of some of them is amazing, parts are plentiful and cheap.

I don't personally like them after having two i use a renault master and find it great.

I've had a 53 plate for 6.5 years and it's bee fantastic,only thing it's needed is a clutch and starter ( and was converted to single mast )

Considering it is always towing and well loaded daily I think it's doing very well

But a lot depends on how they're driven & serviced

Just had my 03 out the garage after fuel pump sensor issues. New fuel pump and coding to the ecu left me £1500 out of pocket. Apart from that clutch and starter changed.

Pump went on a a transit I had a few month back, was full of rust so got rid for £900 rather than pay that and it went on its merry way to Romania! Picked up another transit for only 2k that was older than the one I had but with zero rust, ex garden centre and done half the mileage. Point being if they go wrong they either cheap enough to fix or just get another one!