farm fencing per metre

South of Sunny Sevenoaks, more like £7.50/mtr for HT, Jakcure timber, clearing old wire and running a hedgecutter along after old wire removed. Would be handy if we could get on the ground to get some done though:bath:

I got a tracked knocker and based in Kent if you want some fencing doing in the snotty ground we share!

To be honest if its straight and flat £5p/m is expensive. Labour should be 2 - 2.20 a meter depending on the ground / clearing old fence. Then materials similar again, possibly cheaper.

If i was you i wouldnt be putting any UC4 / Softwood posts in the ground, they might come with a 15year guarantee, but thats normally offered by a different company that will just fold if they suddenly have a lot of compensation claims.

Creosote isnt bad, just inconsistent, some batches the creosote has penetrated right to the core, while others only the first few mm. Id be going for Chestnut posts if i were you, and HT wire rather than C. The price difference is marginal in the long run and the HT wire makes a far better fence!

Where abouts are you?

To be honest if its straight and flat £5p/m is expensive. Labour should be 2 - 2.20 a meter depending on the ground / clearing old fence. Then materials similar again, possibly cheaper.

If i was you i wouldnt be putting any UC4 / Softwood posts in the ground, they might come with a 15year guarantee, but thats normally offered by a different company that will just fold if they suddenly have a lot of compensation claims.

Creosote isnt bad, just inconsistent, some batches the creosote has penetrated right to the core, while others only the first few mm. Id be going for Chestnut posts if i were you, and HT wire rather than C. The price difference is marginal in the long run and the HT wire makes a far better fence!

Where abouts are you?

Nothing wrong with UC4 posts if they are genuine i.e. pine, kiln dried to 28% before treatment and they are a much better bet than Spruce or Fir. The problem with Chestnut is supply!!!

Best post of all is Clipex steel posts, 30 year guarantee. :thumbup: