Tractor or telehandler or both?

Daythe trees

I had a 20 hp ford with a cab. Actually made by shiburu or similar. Rear door was missing went to order a new one £570.00. Found the pto jumped out so took it back to the dealer for a refund glad to see the back of it.

I hate ford stuff but the old tractors were fairly good just watch out for porous blocks.

I have a kubota 3 cylinder in my small forklift. The previous owner left the original air filter in from 1982 until it stopped running then I bought it. Needless to say the compression is knackered but it still drags its butt out the shed on a cold morning and runs all day on a pint of cherry :thumbup1:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi DAVID it is but I do not use it as much as I like to it a good starter in cold weather good on fuel air con and heater and lights radio to works lifts 2 ton winch on front new front bucket large and pallet forks rear wheel weights all so trailer brarking to thanks Jon text me if anyone needs no help thanks Jon

Will the loader reach high enough to tip chip into a 30yard role of role off skip Jon as that's what collects my chip?

On the look out for something for the yard and to do odd runs out to collect timber off jobs as well as some winching work on some of the more technical estate forestry style jobs we get to do.

Driven a MF 390 lots as a skidder and like the simplicity of these older tractors and with decent ground clearance.

I cannot help but imagine that the number of 2nd had tractors in this "wile handy" catogory, is surely getting fewer and fewer, as farming, even stock farming progresses into larger more powerful tractors.

So what demand is there for this 80-100 HP class new?

Councils for grass cutting/misc duties or what else.

Generally stock farmers will run a tractor till it is absolutly shagged out, in some 2nd line capacity.

cheers

m

The 85-100hp bracket is an expensive one in the secondhand tractor market, you'll usually get a better deal on one above 100hp and there's usually more choice, most of the deeres will still be going strong but will still hold good money with 10000 hrs plus on them, older ford's look out for cross block engine as these are less likely to have porosity problems, smaller kubotas are a bit light for handling hedgecutter etc, older cases, 885,895 etc are good value usually.

Will the loader reach high enough to tip chip into a 30yard role of role off skip Jon as that's what collects my chip?

On the look out for something for the yard and to do odd runs out to collect timber off jobs as well as some winching work on some of the more technical estate forestry style jobs we get to do.

Driven a MF 390 lots as a skidder and like the simplicity of these older tractors and with decent ground clearance.

Hi john yes it will mate thanks Jon

The British construction equipment forum currently has a good thread going currently on the same topic with links to a good selection of links for machines that would suit you

My thread mate :biggrin:

Wish I'd never gotten rid of the little Case (David Brown), that was the perfect sized machine and easy to work on. Just very slow on the road.

Oh well, you live and learn.:001_rolleyes:

My thread mate :biggrin:

Wish I'd never gotten rid of the little Case (David Brown), that was the perfect sized machine and easy to work on. Just very slow on the road.

Oh well, you live and learn.:001_rolleyes:

It does look a very nice machine

One thing to be aware of atm is if looking for an ex farm machine the single farm payment is delayed so alot of farms will be holding of on replacing taractors until that is in the bank may be best to wait a few months when the sfp arrives there may be a few more machines on the market

I'm looking for a tractor myself too, for a house build and fencing/woodland/forestry work.

I'd actually not bother too much about the age but more looking for a straight forward mechanical engine with as few electrics as possible.

Electrics are just a nightmare, looking for something as simple as possible.

For the OP u would be far better with a tractor rather than a handler, plus handler might not handle pto work as may boil as usually hydrostaically driven, also a lot of road work does not do them any good.

If u have no issues with room/needing a small nippy tractor or lighter 1 for wet ground i'd just stick with a normal sized tractor.

1 of the fencers i worked with out in OZ would buy old scrapper tractors rebuild the engine then customise it for exactly wot he wanted, he had smalllish tractors with postknockers welded on just behind the front wheels.

He usually had a tractor for each job and had them customised for exactly that job