Road planings quality and Price?

cessna

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do road plannings vary greatly in price and quality, as I am considering getting some to go down in my wood yard. How is the best way to go about getting hold of some.

Wearing course is better than sub-base. If you know of bigger road works/re-surfacing going on locally you MIGHT get them FOC. If not local road planing companies will sell them to you. Sprinkle red diesel over the planings before you roll them in. Where are you based?

Wearing course is better than sub-base. If you know of bigger road works/re-surfacing going on locally you MIGHT get them FOC. If not local road planing companies will sell them to you. Sprinkle red diesel over the planings before you roll them in. Where are you based?

Hi EGGS well done mate there's always good help 👍👍on here mate that what makes Arb talk so good👍👍 thanks Jon

Sub base for sure, I was lucky in that when they did some major construction work in Guildford I managed to get the chalk from it. I dozed out hundreds of loads of chalk then topped it with off with road planings as and when they were available. Ninety percent of the planings turned up between midnight and three am in the morning when they were planing off A roads /motorways. The crap loads came during the day with loads of rubbish and breakout material from local patch up work, you need to make sure you dont get to much of this :thumbdown: Turn around is really important to these guys so you need to make sure they can get in, tip and get straight out. The clocks ticking for them to get back.

Bob

most places now class road plannings as hazardous waste, and the implications that go with that

...but you can get an exemption from Defra to use them on farm tracks etc (if using less than 100 ton pa I think). Imperative that the base is good, planings are great for topping off and leveling out undulations.

Had a yard done that had previously been a lodge pond before is was filled in

Brick crush geotextile and road planings to top off.

I sprayed diesel in it then fired and rolled it when hot. It went like the M26 where it came from again.

I had to give up on getting those white lines back in though:laugh1: