How do you like your woodland mill?

AndyChalmers

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think the lucas mill would suite us better as we clear alot of sites for people where we could set the lucas up and beam alot of timber up and take out of hard to reach areas whereas with the woodlands you have to pull all logs out also the thing i find with the woodlands which is probably the same with all bandsaw mills is the wave you get on the blades cut when they are get blunt can be annoying.but i am a complete newbie to milling and ive found the woodlands very easy touse and i use it alot for slicing up oak beams to make furniture out of it. Ive also made alot of money cutting up pine and larch for live edge cladding which is easy ans the wave on the cut isnt a problem when doing those. But for the money it is awesome and it always starts every time even in cold damp weather

Your always welcome to come and play with it if you want to pop down to help you make up your mind

I got the petrol version. The woodlands mill is worth every penny I've made my money back on it over and over I just think if i was going to go into milling as a trade I would fork and get better piece of kit. But for what I need it for it's doing just fine and we get a lot of wood come our way and instead of chopping it for firewood we get to make it more useful especially for all the wood turners that come in for wood