Two days after the theft of chipper

Gardiners Tree Surgery

First things first, a serious thank you for all the chin up messages and offers for help with regards my stolen chipper. I'm very proud of what I do with my work but what I'm also really proud of is arborists and any body in this sector with how helpful and kind you all are. This job is hard enough as it is but what's always good is to know people are there, so a big tap on the back too everyone hear.

I thought I'd start this thread as a short progress story from theft,to new machine. (Fingers crossed)

First thing after machine has gone feel like crying, think about giving up, think about going to nearest traveller site. Ring wife and tell her.

Second thing kicks in.. Reality,.. Ring police, 999 hi chipper has been stolen,, "is it a emergency?" .. Umm yes but no, "call 101" she says

Get through and report it. Lovely lady calms me down and takes all information

These people need more credit as she was turning into a mini councler for me, so thank you jane at the other end of the phone.

Ring insurance.. Hi arborisk " chipper has been stolen" .. No problem they say and put me through to the relevant department. Within ten minutes all forms are sent via email ready to be filled out. Thanks arborisk for the quick actions so far.

One of there requests is to get two formal valuations for the machine.

So I ring greenmech, Julian Cullis, well what can I say, top bloke, answers the phone even before he is at work at 8.00 am and is is already talking through my options, I give him all details of the machine and true to his word by the afternoon I have prices and breakdown of costs for the new machine and valuations on mine. So again top job Julian make sue they give you a good xmas bonus.

So I make it to site to be greeted with the worlds most tangled mess of mahonia and horse chestnut. Flash back of ten years ago of brash bashing when I couldn't afford a chipper. Quick chuckle to myself and I make a start of brashing up in the landy. 5 truck full of brash later and I'm really starting to miss the old girl, new set of blades in her and it would have done the pile in ten mins,

Oh well just kept saying to myself "you won't beat me"

That's the end of the first day. Get home nakared and think stuff it I'm having steak for tea, needed it as I was hanging. Open emails on stolen machine forms and think this is one for the wife to help me with,

This thread may be useless to read but I thought why not lets record the process for a laugh and see where it takes us.

Watch this space

Once again cheers guys and gals, have a pat on the back for being the invisible friends that have always got your back.

Least our gang is bigger than there's if we all stick together

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first, a serious thank you for all the chin up messages and offers for help with regards my stolen chipper. I'm very proud of what I do with my work but what I'm also really proud of is arborists and any body in this sector with how helpful and kind you all are. This job is hard enough as it is but what's always good is to know people are there, so a big tap on the back too everyone hear.

I thought I'd start this thread as a short progress story from theft,to new machine. (Fingers crossed)

First thing after machine has gone feel like crying, think about giving up, think about going to nearest traveller site. Ring wife and tell her.

Second thing kicks in.. Reality,.. Ring police, 999 hi chipper has been stolen,, "is it a emergency?" .. Umm yes but no, "call 101" she says

Get through and report it. Lovely lady calms me down and takes all information

These people need more credit as she was turning into a mini councler for me, so thank you jane at the other end of the phone.

Ring insurance.. Hi arborisk " chipper has been stolen" .. No problem they say and put me through to the relevant department. Within ten minutes all forms are sent via email ready to be filled out. Thanks arborisk for the quick actions so far.

One of there requests is to get two formal valuations for the machine.

So I ring greenmech, Julian Cullis, well what can I say, top bloke, answers the phone even before he is at work at 8.00 am and is is already talking through my options, I give him all details of the machine and true to his word by the afternoon I have prices and breakdown of costs for the new machine and valuations on mine. So again top job Julian make sue they give you a good xmas bonus.

So I make it to site to be greeted with the worlds most tangled mess of mahonia and horse chestnut. Flash back of ten years ago of brash bashing when I couldn't afford a chipper. Quick chuckle to myself and I make a start of brashing up in the landy. 5 truck full of brash later and I'm really starting to miss the old girl, new set of blades in her and it would have done the pile in ten mins,

Oh well just kept saying to myself "you won't beat me"

That's the end of the first day. Get home nakared and think stuff it I'm having steak for tea, needed it as I was hanging. Open emails on stolen machine forms and think this is one for the wife to help me with,

This thread may be useless to read but I thought why not lets record the process for a laugh and see where it takes us.

Watch this space

Once again cheers guys and gals, have a pat on the back for being the invisible friends that have always got your back.

Least our gang is bigger than there's if we all stick together

Hi mate nice one hope get fixed soon with a new chipper thanks Jon