GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK ?

Taiga261

GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?

• Yes, just like the US 2nd Amendment
    • Yes, but with sensible regulation
    • No
    • Undecided

Actually we fired are last keepers Twice, thanks to our Second amendment. Especially after the second attempt to take over the USA. Failure really was not an option against the USA than, now, or in the future.

easy-lift guy

Sorry , didn't understand this part , ( Actually we fired are last keepers Twice ).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is this:

I voted for the second option down in the poll. I believe our firearms laws could be relaxed a notch, but not to the extent of the US 2nd amendment. However, this does not deter from the fact that if I ever moved to the US, I would be 100% behind the 2nd amendment. It's a constitutional right, and being a traditionalist, I understand and support wholeheartedly the law-abiding American citizens' right to bear arms. This is what America was founded on. However, to introduce lax American-style laws to Britain is obviously not the answer. What I do think though is that it should be easier to obtain rifles, shotguns and handguns here.

I think the whole gun control issue is hijacked in America by both sides. Speaking as an outsider, I may well be ignorant to certain facts, but as far as I see it, you have the democrat "let's ban all guns" zealots, and the NRA militants who want every single person walking around with an AR-15. Ok maybe an exaggeration with the latter but it can come across that way.

What I do think we need to put into perspective though is this:

A lot of Brits and non-Americans jump on the anti-gun bandwagon and don't know what they're talking about when it comes to the whole US gun homicides issue.

Let's be clear:

1. A lot of the US school massacres and other public place mass shootings have taken place in gun-controlled areas; just saying. There was no one there with a concealed firearm to at least attempt to neutralise the perpetrator.

2. US gun homicides are far higher than anywhere in Europe, per 100,000 population, however no where near anywhere in the third world where guns are illegal.

3. The most important point: Most US gun homicides are committed with illegal firearms in Democratic-controlled areas with enforced gun-control, such as cities like Chicago, Baltimore and so on. It just so happens that these spiraling gang-related shootouts are committed by poor, African-American gangs involved in the drugs-trade. I am not trying to put a racial-spin on this, but I am highlighting an unfortunate truth. The media in Britain and the US promotes the work of a group called "BlackLivesMatter" persistently, but fails to look at both sides of the argument. I am going off on a slightly irrelevant tangent here, but the BLM movement are total hypocrites. They're protesting to suit their narrative. Which is bash whitey bash police ban guns.....

Fact: There have been several alarming cases of US police brutality on seemingly-innocent African-Americans.

However, it is hypocritical of the BLM movement and far-left activists to jump on this bandwagon when they repeatedly ignore the long-term plight of disadvantaged African-Americans in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis and so on, where black-on-black gun crime is extremely high. This is a hypocrisy.

Why is it a major issue to demonstrate when a white cop shoots a black citizen (sometimes criminal) dead, yet constantly sweep the more important issue of black-on-black gun homicide under the carpet. This is staggering hypocrisy, and it reveals the agenda of BlackLivesMatter. What they are saying is that it only matters when a black person is shot dead by a White policeman. Why forget the thousands more young black men being shot dead by other black men?

So the US may have a "gun problem," but from the research I've done, it isn't like law-abiding citizens are responsible for the majority of these gun murders, it is the inner city gangs in gun-controlled areas with illegal firearms.

If america is somewhere that you need to have a gun in order to protect yourself from the bad guys it must be a friggin awful place to live.

I have guns but not for protection and the best part of having to keep them locked away is that I am safe from them if a bad guy does come along. I am not expecting a bad guy any time soon either.

Gun laws in the UK are just fine as they are in my opinion. Gun crime here rarely involves legally held guns and there is nothing that needs changing in light of events in Paris. The UK should be in control of its gun laws (and all other laws for that matter) not the EU.

I am quite content that you cannot own a pistol in this country even though many don't agree. I am also happy that semi automatic and automatic weapons are not allowed (yes I do know semi auto rimfire and shotguns are allowed) and cannot comprehend why USA allows civilians to own military rifles.

My personal opinion is this:

I voted for the second option down in the poll. I believe our firearms laws could be relaxed a notch, but not to the extent of the US 2nd amendment. However, this does not deter from the fact that if I ever moved to the US, I would be 100% behind the 2nd amendment. It's a constitutional right, and being a traditionalist, I understand and support wholeheartedly the law-abiding American citizens' right to bear arms. This is what America was founded on. However, to introduce lax American-style laws to Britain is obviously not the answer. What I do think though is that it should be easier to obtain rifles, shotguns and handguns here.

I think the whole gun control issue is hijacked in America by both sides. Speaking as an outsider, I may well be ignorant to certain facts, but as far as I see it, you have the democrat "let's ban all guns" zealots, and the NRA militants who want every single person walking around with an AR-15. Ok maybe an exaggeration with the latter but it can come across that way.

What I do think we need to put into perspective though is this:

A lot of Brits and non-Americans jump on the anti-gun bandwagon and don't know what they're talking about when it comes to the whole US gun homicides issue.

Let's be clear:

1. A lot of the US school massacres and other public place mass shootings have taken place in gun-controlled areas; just saying. There was no one there with a concealed firearm to at least attempt to neutralise the perpetrator.

2. US gun homicides are far higher than anywhere in Europe, per 100,000 population, however no where near anywhere in the third world where guns are illegal.

3. The most important point: Most US gun homicides are committed with illegal firearms in Democratic-controlled areas with enforced gun-control, such as cities like Chicago, Baltimore and so on. It just so happens that these spiraling gang-related shootouts are committed by poor, African-American gangs involved in the drugs-trade. I am not trying to put a racial-spin on this, but I am highlighting an unfortunate truth. The media in Britain and the US promotes the work of a group called "BlackLivesMatter" persistently, but fails to look at both sides of the argument. I am going off on a slightly irrelevant tangent here, but the BLM movement are total hypocrites. They're protesting to suit their narrative. Which is bash whitey bash police ban guns.....

Fact: There have been several alarming cases of US police brutality on seemingly-innocent African-Americans.

However, it is hypocritical of the BLM movement and far-left activists to jump on this bandwagon when they repeatedly ignore the long-term plight of disadvantaged African-Americans in Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, St Louis and so on, where black-on-black gun crime is extremely high. This is a hypocrisy.

Why is it a major issue to demonstrate when a white cop shoots a black citizen (sometimes criminal) dead, yet constantly sweep the more important issue of black-on-black gun homicide under the carpet. This is staggering hypocrisy, and it reveals the agenda of BlackLivesMatter. What they are saying is that it only matters when a black person is shot dead by a White policeman. Why forget the thousands more young black men being shot dead by other black men?

So the US may have a "gun problem," but from the research I've done, it isn't like law-abiding citizens are responsible for the majority of these gun murders, it is the inner city gangs in gun-controlled areas with illegal firearms.

A actual fair assessment of past, present and future life and times here in the USA, Thanks.

easy-lift guy

Guns are not something that interests me at all.

If you want to go shoot pigeons or other things that's fine though.

I think the controls we have are probably good enough as the people who are stupid enough to shoot people are going to be using illegal guns most likely anyway.

Thinking about the gun problems in the US. They can't just outright ban them now as the law abiding people would be the ones to give them up whereas the criminal nutters would carry on as normal.

Easy lift guy you say the schools etc are gun free zones. Is that the school itself or an area including the school?

Good luck with your opinion. Your aledge facts are not based in reality mainly due to the fact that your not from the USA, that criminals will always have access to weapons. The Second amendement to the US constitution protects all law abiding citizens against all enemies forien and domestic.

The criminals really do play by a different set of rules, their rules that is:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Hey, it's not just my opinion.

You are right that I'm not 'born in the USA'.

However, I have toured the entire country for nearly three years and have friends, family & work colleagues that still live there.

hmmm. maybe some US law is an ass?

cheers, steve

If america is somewhere that you need to have a gun in order to protect yourself from the bad guys it must be a friggin awful place to live.

I have guns but not for protection and the best part of having to keep them locked away is that I am safe from them if a bad guy does come along. I am not expecting a bad guy any time soon either.

Gun laws in the UK are just fine as they are in my opinion. Gun crime here rarely involves legally held guns and there is nothing that needs changing in light of events in Paris. The UK should be in control of its gun laws (and all other laws for that matter) not the EU.

I am quite content that you cannot own a pistol in this country even though many don't agree. I am also happy that semi automatic and automatic weapons are not allowed (yes I do know semi auto rimfire and shotguns are allowed) and cannot comprehend why USA allows civilians to own military rifles.

You highlight a good point here that is usually ignored by the media and the none shooting public and politicians, instead of differentiating between legal and illegal firearms they take the easy route and restrict legal gun ownership when it is illegal guns that are the problem, although truth is a gun is an inanimate object so it needs a person with intent behind it to cause a problem.