GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK ?

Taiga261

GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. GUNS: Should they be legal in the UK?

• Yes, just like the US 2nd Amendment
    • Yes, but with sensible regulation
    • No
    • Undecided

Gun removal from a vast number of the US population would be a step in the right direction. According to all the 'deaths due to guns' graphs that is obvious.

cheers, Steve

I bet your statics are correct, in a fantasy world. Only problem is that the criminals really don't do stats here. TBH they would much rather rob and murder if given the chance, and based on your opinion that chance would be welcomed and taken advantaged of in this country. Fortunately our fore fathers had the foresight to prepare the citizens of this country for the potential invasion and control from all sources both domestic and foreign.

"With great power comes great responsibility". Ben Parker.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say this but i think your right. Guns are in Americans DNA . Taking their guns away would make them even more scared.

Actually less protected, prepared. Never bring a knife to a gun fight, unless your prepared to die badly. Common sense and opinions don't always translate everywhere.

easy-lift guy

Criminal record, although I've only had one offence (traffic) since 1996. On the other hand Mrs Egg holds a SC and keeps a gun in our house.

Madness or not?

Which part eggs you not being allowed or the gun that Mrs eggs has?

I think after all these years and your convictions being spent I think you perhaps should be able to.

But as the rules stand they are stupid as there is a gun in your finger tips almost how can that happen if you are "not suitable "

So I do think it's madness

I bet your statics are correct, in a fantasy world. Only problem is that the criminals really don't do stats here. TBH they would much rather rob and murder if given the chance, and based on your opinion that chance would be welcomed and taken advantaged of in this country. Fortunately our fore fathers had the foresight to prepare the citizens of this country for the potential invasion and control from all sources both domestic and foreign.

"With great power comes great responsibility". Ben Parker.

easy-lift guy

I think your forefathers had a lot to fear , the fear has been handed down as well.

because of the draconian firearms laws introduced post hungerford, then dunblane, it has actually became easier to obtain any type of illegal firearm than ever before. if you have the cash, anything is available, the changes in the firearms laws were rushed through as part of a knee jerk public reaction, and the real problems( corruption in the licencsing boards, and senior police officers) are still there

Great post :thumbup1:

The licensing laws in UK are already very strict.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Far more people are killed by drink drivers than with firearms. Most firearms crime are committed with illegally owned firearms.

Should we ban alcohol and drugs or cars? All can be owned and used legally (prescription only) but if you combine them you could cause injury or death.

No different to a firearm or any other dangerous weapon or tool.

Not everyone chooses to own a firearm but those that do require a license.

Those that posses and use illegally should be heavily punished!

Somebody waving a gun around dangerously is obvious, a drunk or drugged driver not.

How many people do you know drive when they shouldn't?

:thumbup1:

I think your forefathers had a lot to fear , the fear has been handed down as well.

Actually we fired are last keepers Twice, thanks to our Second amendment. Especially after the second attempt to take over the USA. Failure really was not an option against the USA than, now, or in the future.

easy-lift guy

Fact is that the USA population has a huge percentage of gun ownership and has the highest gun related death rate of every developed country across the world.

Fantasy?.... nah, just ignorance to the facts.

cheers, steve

Good luck with your opinion. Your aledge facts are not based in reality mainly due to the fact that your not from the USA, that criminals will always have access to weapons. The Second amendement to the US constitution protects all law abiding citizens against all enemies forien and domestic.

The criminals really do play by a different set of rules, their rules that is:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Edited by easy-lift guy