MP's Approve Fracking Under National Parks

Taiga261

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Monday the government promotes clean energy in regards climate fears, on Tuesday we have talk of Fracking for England...

I'd like to know how long a Fracking industry can be sustained in Britain as well. Apparently a fracking well ain't like an oil well were the stuff comes out for years.

fracking is, dig an hole start pumping then move on a year later..

Is there enough oil in these wells to make any money?...

On Monday the government promotes clean energy in regards climate fears, on Tuesday we have talk of Fracking for England...

I'd like to know how long a Fracking industry can be sustained in Britain as well. Apparently a fracking well ain't like an oil well were the stuff comes out for years.

fracking is, dig an hole start pumping then move on a year later..

Is there enough oil in these wells to make any money?...

What the frack as oil got to do with it?

I thought Fracking was about extracting gas from shale.

Hi EGGS It will not be happening around here mate because of the Roman barfs and pollution happy Christmas to you mate thanks John

Trouble is some of the underground aquifers run for hundreds of miles so contamination in a completely different part of the country could affect a very wide area.

Cheers, steve

Gas production from the North Sea is declining. Unfortunately, many regions of the world that produce gas aren't particularly friendly or politically stable.

For instance Russia continually uses the threat of cutting off gas to Europe as a political weapon. Qatar and Europe aren't natural allies either...

I share many concerns of the people here regarding pollution etc, however I think fracking in the UK is inevitable.

Trouble is some of the underground aquifers run for hundreds of miles so contamination in a completely different part of the country could affect a very wide area.

Cheers, steve

Hence the point that we already have it offshore in UK waters.............so we are already contaminated 'onshore'..................

Gas production from the North Sea is declining. Unfortunately, many regions of the world that produce gas aren't particularly friendly or politically stable.

For instance Russia continually uses the threat of cutting off gas to Europe as a political weapon. Qatar and Europe aren't natural allies either...

I share many concerns of the people here regarding pollution etc, however I think fracking in the UK is inevitable.

I have to agree ,one way or another we need energy .The only way we will know what is the real truth is if we is to get on with a few and see what happens.

As for Fracking under National parks ,is that more risk than populated areas :001_rolleyes: I think not. And why should they be treated differently to smaller areas of equal beauty non national parks areas.

The fact is there are too many people !!! and there is no easy fix .

What the frack as oil got to do with it?

I thought Fracking was about extracting gas from shale.

Hahahah

Yes your right, but it can be used to extract oil..

I was thinking along the lines of the American oil fracking industry, something I looked into a couple of years back..

The UK currently imports around 49% of its natural gas (a figure due to rise to 70% by 2020), making gas the major security concern. There will also be increased competition on the world market and dwindling stocks will leave the UK vulnerable to volatility in both supply and price.

If anyone is interested in an independent review of fracking in the UK (from people who know what they are talking about) then I recommend this Royal Academy of Engineering

There is a lot of sensationalism and scare tactics that started in America and have been latched onto by the UK environmentalism sector. All I can say is I have not seen a justifiable reason to ban fracking (yes there are risks but these are no greater than those from the current oil and gas pipelines we already have beneath us). And yes I would be happy for fracking in my backyard.

In support of Kevin's post earlier.

The shale gas under the UK isn't going anywhere. In the wake of the optimistic and forward thinking resolutions coming out of the Paris talks, would it not be appropriate to put our considerable expertise and our resources into the development of wind and solar, rather than instantly making a mockery of the agreement and say we are going to squeeze the last drops of fossil fuels out of the Earth first. It is baffling and embarrassing.

Shale gas should be an option of last resort, but our government has also just pulled the plug on it's commitment to carbon capture and storage so it's pretty clear where their priorities lie:thumbdown: