And they call it "Democracy"

Taiga261

Immigration is a subject that, sadly, usually generates more heat than light but is nonetheless an issue that needs debating properly. FWIW, I'm in favour of free movement of people throughout the EU, but of selected immigration from elsewhere. I'm not - along with, I suspect, the majority of this country - a proponent of unfettered, unlimited immigration from third world countries comprising mainly of young Muslim men who hold values that are - IMO - totally incompatible with those of a modern secular Western democracy.

I'm rather attached to this country and the values and way of life that the likes of my father and his brothers fought to defend, and find it sadly ironic that any dissenting voices to the ''let 'em all in'' liberal media pro-immigration agenda are met with accusations of being a ''xenophobic,racist knuckle dragger'' - particularly as the majority of said immigrants are themselves adherents to a homophobic, misogynistic, medieval death cult that truly does fit the very definition of ''fascism''.

:thumbup1:

Immigration is a subject that, sadly, usually generates more heat than light but is nonetheless an issue that needs debating properly. FWIW, I'm in favour of free movement of people throughout the EU, but of selected immigration from elsewhere. I'm not - along with, I suspect, the majority of this country - a proponent of unfettered, unlimited immigration from third world countries comprising mainly of young Muslim men who hold values that are - IMO - totally incompatible with those of a modern secular Western democracy.

I'm rather attached to this country and the values and way of life that the likes of my father and his brothers fought to defend, and find it sadly ironic that any dissenting voices to the ''let 'em all in'' liberal media pro-immigration agenda are met with accusations of being a ''xenophobic,racist knuckle dragger'' - particularly as the majority of said immigrants are themselves adherents to a homophobic, misogynistic, medieval death cult that truly does fit the very definition of ''fascism''.

This is what I've been saying. Very well put.

You could always move to China and allow the government to have complete say over your entire life. Not all politicians are as you describe, at least not here in the states. If your really willing to give up one of the last rights many completely take for granted around the world, you have no right belly aching on behalf for everyone else that has and still exercises their right to vote.

easy-lift guy

No belly aching here I exercise my right not to vote although I can vote none of the above. Like I said tit bits to keep you happy. If they want to pass a bill they will one way or another with or without your vote.

No belly aching here I exercise my right not to vote although I can vote none of the above. Like I said tit bits to keep you happy. If they want to pass a bill they will one way or another with or without your vote.

Maybe in your world. Not mine. Since you really don't understand the electoral process and how politics work in the US I can excuse your ignorance and consider the source.

easy-lift guy

Good post, & a :thumbup1: from me

As imigrants, were only allowed to vote in local elections & I dont have a problem with that as there is more local government power here.

N

Very well put there :thumbup1: