Starting up firewood business

LittleLogCo

I am EX14 so quite a way lol thank you for that, the details would be nice. I have access to a fork lift truck if that will be enough? The three acres is just a bit of clearing, I'm hoping enough to stock up and dry for a year before I actually have a go at this without it really costing a lot.

EX is fine, a fork truck should be ok for the smaller crates but may need to be checked as to max lift weight for the bigger crates.

Will pm details.

A

I've not actually sold or delivered any yet. I like my own company so a day spent chopping and splitting timber is my ideal day. Just me and the dog

Why not start with your own wood but buy a lorry load from your local cutter as soon as you can afford it from your sales. If you struggle to find a cutter then try euroforest or whoever is your local timber middle man. If you source small diameter cord it would make splitting easier and would be quicker to season as a bonus. If you have seen any timber lorries around your area make a note of them or try the Internet and give them a call. They would no doubt help you with some contacts.

Stack your cord where the wind can blow through and ideally cover the top for best results.

Why not start with your own wood but buy a lorry load from your local cutter as soon as you can afford it from your sales. If you struggle to find a cutter then try euroforest or whoever is your local timber middle man. If you source small diameter cord it would make splitting easier and would be quicker to season as a bonus. If you have seen any timber lorries around your area make a note of them or try the Internet and give them a call. They would no doubt help you with some contacts.

Stack your cord where the wind can blow through and ideally cover the top for best results.

Thanks mate that's exactly what I'm hoping to do. Kleen kut aren't far away so I think I'll give them a go. Cheers mate

That's pretty much it mate. Just thought I would run it as a business to avoid upsetting the tax man, and to have my name to something. It's just finding the wood!

Great idea you cant loose much you will have lots of expenses so first tax year covered and if it all doesn't pan out for you then you will equipment and wood for the future by the way iam EX19 and your in a nice area and logs shouldn't be a problem selling :thumbup::thumbup: