What license for 7.5t?

danroker1987

Hello all ! i am thinking of beefing up my license to drive 7.5t lorry ! i have been looking on various sites , but nothing is explained simply ! maybe its me???: i have been thinking to start a protest why if you pre97 you can drive one but we can't ? time discrimination or what!:thumbdown:

what category is it i need? and how much can i expect to pay ?! i have always driven the lorrys round the yard but never on the road. Can anyone recommend a place near Northampton?

i am aware of the operators license situation ,which should be fine where i am based.

:thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup::001_tt2:

Hello all ! i am thinking of beefing up my license to drive 7.5t lorry ! i have been looking on various sites , but nothing is explained simply ! maybe its me???: i have been thinking to start a protest why if you pre97 you can drive one but we can't ? time discrimination or what!:thumbdown:

what category is it i need? and how much can i expect to pay ?! i have always driven the lorrys round the yard but never on the road. Can anyone recommend a place near Northampton?

i am aware of the operators license situation ,which should be fine where i am based.

:thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup::001_tt2::thumbup::001_tt2:

Here

image.jpg.cca31c7afac1f4cabed373b205c79117.jpg

But seeing as you're over 21, you might aswell take C license (any weight rigid vehicle) as its simmilar test and same price, or at least was when I done mine :001_smile:

You gotta do C1 or C first, then you can add E (trailer) unfortunately you can't jump from B (car) straight to arctic. Again, this was the score when I took mine.

But seeing as you're over 21, you might aswell take C license (any weight rigid vehicle) as its simmilar test and same price, or at least was when I done mine :001_smile:

You gotta do C1 or C first, then you can add E (trailer) unfortunately you can't jump from B (car) straight to arctic. Again, this was the score when I took mine.

That's my take on it too, the costs seem to be about the same for C1 or C so might as well go from B to C1 to +E. I thought you could take these tests at 18 now subject to CPC?? My mate did this and it was a 4 day course (£1000) and then two tests.

My C1+E carries me through till I am 70 because I took my test before 1997, what age is on your licence for the C and the E when taken as a separate test?

i have been thinking to start a protest why if you pre97 you can drive one but we can't ? time discrimination or what!:thumbdown:

Good luck with your protest, if you are happy with some "text me" teenager with no experience or road smarts sharing the streets with your wife and kid while they are off to school in the morning.

Time was at 21 you could go from car to artic, they changed that for a reason as well.

Cheers guys ! I'm gonna have to do it ! sick of these little vans! give me a big box and i will fill it ! truck box that is! i have a guy with lorrys at his disposal that he says he can sort me out for reasonable money !think i will move forward with this!

Let us know how you get on, something we also talk about often but never get any further with.

Another plus is vehicle cost seems to be a fair chunk lower for anything over 3.5t, although im sure running costs will be slightly higher.

:thumbup1:

CPC course service check every 6 weeks poss Tacograph.

CPC is not necessary unless driving is your main income. For most of us we drive to the job and park up for the day, so the vehicle is only used to transport equipment and remove the arisings, so we are exempt.

The vehicle checks can be up to 13 weeks apart, depending on your annual mileage and age of vehicle.