Anyone had ACL replacement knee surgery?

PaddyFF

Had both mine done Right at 23 left at 33 was back playing rugby after 5 months with the first one and 6 and a half with the second don't rush the start but you will only get out what you put in with the rehab also if you can get a cryo cuff get one makes a huge difference for the first 3-4 weeks compared to ice packs!

Had mine done in Feb 2014, ACL reconstruction along with Micro Fracturing of the knee, hurt like hell, (had cartilage removed 16 years prior) but I have to mirror what has been said here, take it easy, stick to the physio and you'll be fine. Seems like a long journey at the start, but it's fine really.

I'd had an ACL + cartilage problem for 20years+ and I have to say, my knee now feels the strongest it ever has. I found that after the physio had stopped and the knee is "recovered" that cycling was hands down the best way of building up moment and muscle.

I've had my ACL repaired 2 times now. I wrecked all the cartridge in it the first time so I've had all mines taken out. I'm climbing without to much problems. As others have said just take your time and you will learn to compensate kneeling, twisting etc. Heal quick mate. 😉

• 3 months later...

Well that's my ACL been replaced with part of my hamstring . Was a bit bigger op than what i thought but have had hardly any pain . Start of a long slow recovery i suppose but reading some of the posts again I'm optimistic about the future .

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Carbon fiber ergonomic motoX knee braces are what allowed me to climb again after ACL replacement surgery in the early 90's.

Asterisk makes a nice set for about 600 bucks.

Fair to moderate chainsaw protection as well IME.

Did you wake up from the op with your leg strapped to that medieval knee bending contraption too?

Jomoco