Anyone had ACL replacement knee surgery?

PaddyFF

Currently recuperating on the sofa after having my cartilage stapled and a chunk of hamstring removed and used to replace a ligament in my knee.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has had the same op? Fully aware I'm going to be off climbing for a bit just want to know there others who have made a full recovery and are back working.

Yep, had mine repaired in 2007 and went through a lot of rehab, so stick with whatever program the physio gives you. I was back running within 4-5 months, not far or fast mind you :001_smile:

I have about a 5% restriction of full movement but you learn to live with that and compensate by adjusting positions when kneeling and climbing etc.

Good luck with the recovery. :thumbup:

Willie

Currently recuperating on the sofa after having my cartilage stapled and a chunk of hamstring removed and used to replace a ligament in my knee.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has had the same op? Fully aware I'm going to be off climbing for a bit just want to know there others who have made a full recovery and are back working.

Yep...has my ACL/MEDIEAL ligaments done and and my two cartilages ground at the same time....took a year of work and didn't rush going back...I did everything by the book and physio took ages....that was 24 years ago and played football again..as well as climb and nothing hurts or has ever given me any problems....the only thing I did do when I started playing football agein was to put electrical tape around the side random to stop it clicking. So my advise is don't be a hero and try and rush getting back to work.listen to docs etc and do everything correct.

Yep...has my ACL/MEDIEAL ligaments done and and my two cartilages ground at the same time....took a year of work and didn't rush going back...I did everything by the book and physio took ages....that was 24 years ago and played football again..as well as climb and nothing hurts or has ever given me any problems....the only thing I did do when I started playing football agein was to put electrical tape around the side random to stop it clicking. So my advise is don't be a hero and try and rush getting back to work.listen to docs etc and do everything correct.

O and I still have the tape of the op....have never watched it and never will....same doc who did gazers did mine....German guy and very nice as well...and it was all done on the NHS.

Had mine done and half my knee cap taken out after splitting it, still hurts like hell if I kneel in the wrong spot and occasionally collapses much to the amusement of my staff and friends but perfect otherwise and has never restricted what I do but good physio is the key and not overdoing it too soon.