Iveco daily 35c12 2004 clutch

Al Cormack

My mechanic did mine on a '99 model and as it was a changeover year it was a pita getting the correct clutch. By the chassis number it was supposed to be the earlier type - in reality it was the later type.took the old unit into local Iveco dealer and they id'd it for me and supplied new one off the shelf (expensive). Sent the (cheaper) mail order one back.

Lots of parts on Dailys seem to have variations so getting the correct bit isn't always as straightforward as it should be. Radiator, clutch and propshaft were particular headaches :-(

I did my brothers 2008 model. One thing I would say (assuming yours is the same) it has a pull clutch not a push clutch (fitted to 99% of vehicles). When you come to removing the gearbox it will feel like it's stuck, which it is! You have to false the box back(with lever bar) until the clutch bearing comes away from the clutch plate (it feels sprung loaded). We cut a log to size to catch the box as it was removed.

I did my brothers 2008 model. One thing I would say (assuming yours is the same) it has a pull clutch not a push clutch (fitted to 99% of vehicles). When you come to removing the gearbox it will feel like it's stuck, which it is! You have to false the box back(with lever bar) until the clutch bearing comes away from the clutch plate (it feels sprung loaded). We cut a log to size to catch the box as it was removed.

Cheers David. I had read about the clip and it being a pain to get off.

Does it just clip in when the new one is installed?

Cheers...Al

Pull clutch u should draw the pin out the clutch fork, th e release bearing should stay on the pressure plate.. When u get the new clutch on the flywheel put the release bearing on the fork put the box in and dit the slave cylinder on and press the clutch and u will feel and hear it CLICK in

Yes. You fit the clutch to the flywheel and the bearing to the box as normal. As you push the box on the bearing clips into the clutch. I then bolt up the box and pull back on the release(bearing) arm to make sure it's in.

Sorry missed this :blushing: 2hour job :thumbup: