Echo CS-501SX is here!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that bit with him sharpening the saw on his knee about! Echo bringing out trousers with a built in vice now?!

No, it was one of his vices, we all have them...

I think this will be an interesting saw in the 50cc range.

My crystal ball, (locked firmly in my vice), tells me that Echo saws will be more main stream in people's perception given a year or two longer.:001_smile:

That looks very nice, I want one too, but will have to wait for my 346xp to wear out, or sell it on and bite the bullet:001_smile:

You might get good money if you flog you're 346xp with a "full service"!

Bloody good clean, new plug, oil and fuel filters.

Sounds silly but for less than a tenner a worth of parts people on eBay will pay more!

If you have a perfectly fine 346XP, I would hold on to it with a death grip and service it religiously. Husqvarna have never, and likely will never make such a machine again.

Having said that, though it didn't used to mean it in this lineage, I wonder if the S means it is strato now? The lid doesn't seem any higher to me, tho. Hrm. I'm very fond of this series of Shindaiwa products, and think it's one of the best products ever under Kioritsu/Yamabiko's roof. I am curious to see how they sort out their 70cc line in the future.

If you have a perfectly fine 346XP, I would hold on to it with a death grip and service it religiously. Husqvarna have never, and likely will never make such a machine again.

Having said that, though it didn't used to mean it in this lineage, I wonder if the S means it is strato now? The lid doesn't seem any higher to me, tho. Hrm. I'm very fond of this series of Shindaiwa products, and think it's one of the best products ever under Kioritsu/Yamabiko's roof. I am curious to see how they sort out their 70cc line in the future.

:thumbup1:

AFAIU The 600 series (600/610/620sx) were Kioritz DNA not Shindaiwa whereas as you say the 390sx/501sx are definitely Shindaiwa DNA.

70cc line - yeah that will be very interesting to watch...

I could certainly be wrong, but I could have sworn I saw Shindaiwa 600's in Japan before the merger. Thus my assumption. But I have been wrong before, if I am not mistaken...

This is what I was seeing previously:

VS

SHINDAIWA-600_g.jpg

Edited by wyk

I could certainly be wrong, but I could have sworn I saw Shindaiwa 600's in Japan before the merger. Thus my assumption. But I have been wrong before, if I am not mistaken...

This is what I was seeing previously:

VS

SHINDAIWA-600_g.jpg

That's a 670/680 in the top pic. Theoretically, a Shindaiwa 598 aka CS600 should never have a "Kioritz Corp" serial number, only a Shin or Yamabiko Corp one... The one in your pic does which suggests it's a red Echo and they aren't orange Shinny's!

There's an assumption that the Shinny 598 is it but apparently not so. I think in truth it's borderline around the time they merged officially since they were parlez-vous'ing on engines and chassis 18 months prior to the merger date...

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor