Any old Farmi processors about?

Woodworks

Got a snag with HMRC having just gone Vat registered. I was of the understanding you can claim back Vat on large items backdated 4 years but they are trying to reduce the claim by saying all the machinery bought in the backdated period has lost a good proportion of its working life and that 60 months is the lifespan of the kit. I need to make the case that the machinery has much longer lifespan but this might be hard to proove.

Anyway back to the point I am looking for old Farmi processors still in working order. Will contact Riko next week but thought it worth an ask on here first.

Thanks

Beau

Got a snag with HMRC having just gone Vat registered. I was of the understanding you can claim back Vat on large items backdated 4 years but they are trying to reduce the claim by saying all the machinery bought in the backdated period has lost a good proportion of its working life and that 60 months is the lifespan of the kit. I need to make the case that the machinery has much longer lifespan but this might be hard to proove.

Anyway back to the point I am looking for old Farmi processors still in working order. Will contact Riko next week but thought it worth an ask on here first.

Thanks

Beau

Depreciation should have nothing to do with it; you paid the whole amount of VAT, you claim back 100% back on the tangiable asset. HMRC idiots :001_rolleyes:

Depreciation should have nothing to do with it; you paid the whole amount of VAT, you claim back 100% back on the tangiable asset. HMRC idiots :001_rolleyes:

Pretty much what my accountant thinks but they are trying this line at the moment but apparently it's going to be tested in the courts in February. No questions over items bought post Vat registration just on stuff bought prior to it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Beau

I know of a couple if you hadn't got sorted, a WP30TR with 2.2mtr conveyor and a WP36TR with 4 MTE folding conveyor. Let me know if these are of interest.