L200

Dan Earp

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 reg on were the main head gasket casualties due to a faulty sensor telling the engine it was cooler than it actually was.

Crank pulleys, transfer mount, prop bearing (doughnut), water ingress in rear lights, heavy on fuel, poor turning circle.

I've had a few now, tough old truck despite the above. Had a double cab and now got single cab; would never have a double cab again, single or club cab only, for me that is.

Ok thanks mr Timber 👍🏻Need a double for now as ive got 3 boys to cart around and our lass wont allow me to ratchet strap them in the bed or trailer lol.

Luckily have some mechanic mates that will give it a good going over. Just didnt wanna end up having to shell out alot over wise id find a landrover lol

Edited by Dan Earp

Head gasket is the only problem I really heard about. I have the use of one as a second vehicle and thought it was alright for the money. The only downside I found was the driving position was horible,my legs were straight out to the pedals rather than down like other jeeps.

Any its one hell of a thirsty bugger!

I used to get 300 miles to 75 quid in mine 250 if doing a bit of towing

When i bought a navara it would do 400-420 miles to the same amount to fill.

Ride was bouncy and hard in my l200

The 4x4 system is vacuum control crap!

Little reserviour for vac near to drivers front wheel would rot and not hold vac for 4x4 to work, glad mines gone

Sorry

Head gasket is the only problem I really heard about. I have the use of one as a second vehicle and thought it was alright for the money. The only downside I found was the driving position was horible,my legs were straight out to the pedals rather than down like other jeeps.

Lol im a short ass so my legs are normally like that reaching the pedals

Any its one hell of a thirsty bugger!

I used to get 300 miles to 75 quid in mine 250 if doing a bit of towing

When i bought a navara it would do 400-420 miles to the same amount to fill.

Ride was bouncy and hard in my l200

The 4x4 system is vacuum control crap!

Little reserviour for vac near to drivers front wheel would rot and not hold vac for 4x4 to work, glad mines gone

Sorry

Rather hear about now bud. Hopefully its just short term to get me running