Land Rover defender brake squeal HELP!!

Horatio

I have a Landy 130 tipper, and the brake squeal is driving me mental.

It developed a slight squeak, so it went to the garage.

Came pack worse, like the top gear trick. Every time you touched the brakes it would squeal at any speed.

Back again yesterday. Was fine for a mile now it's started again. Not as bad as before. But worse than the first time.

Had 6 month when I first had it. And there wasn't a sound from the brakes.

Can any one please help.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this when my 130 was rebuilt, we tried differing types of pads on front and rear and it still didn't help any, I wasn't going to change the discs as the ones on it were virtually new anyway, I put up with it for just over a year and then it just stopped and has never done it since, I did notice that if it started squealing if I quickly took my foot off the pedal than reapplied it the squeal stopped.

Just make sure they have the anti squeal plates fitted, I have never had a set of pads that contain the plates and it appears they only come in the genuine landy pad box, if they have worn out someone may have not bothered fitting them.

I have a Landy 130 tipper, and the brake squeal is driving me mental.

It developed a slight squeak, so it went to the garage.

Came pack worse, like the top gear trick. Every time you touched the brakes it would squeal at any speed.

Back again yesterday. Was fine for a mile now it's started again. Not as bad as before. But worse than the first time.

Had 6 month when I first had it. And there wasn't a sound from the brakes.

Can any one please help.

HI MATE WE HAD IT on ours we had EBC PADS and mintex and others in the end we put loads of copper grease on the back of loads better now thanks jon :thumbup:

Had this on a rebuilt 110. They took it back loads, changing pads and discs, tried all different combinations (although I don't think genuine Landrover). In the end, through desperation, they changed the calipers - squealing stopped .

I have heard that using genuine Landover parts sorts it ?!?

Had this on a rebuilt 110. They took it back loads, changing pads and discs, tried all different combinations (although I don't think genuine Landrover). In the end, through desperation, they changed the calipers - squealing stopped .

I have heard that using genuine Landover parts sorts it ?!?

Hi JAR wear in side of calipers can do it to mate thanks Jon