bloody mice!

simonm

We have got mice in the back garden, i thought they were living in hay bales in the shed but we emptied it yesterday and found nothing! my gf has 2 rabbits that have the run of the garden, i have seen the mice run up the garden and take some of the rabbits food so i know this is why they are around, i have moved the food but dont know how to get rid of them? i cant put traps out because of the rabbits and we also have 2 cats! any ideas?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a bucket, a cane, a tin and some peanut butter.

Drill a hole through both the top and bottom of the tin (central) so the cane fits through it and the tin can rotate freely.

Put an even ring of peanut butter around the middle of the tin.

Place the cane with the tin over the bucket, so the tin is suspended over the middle of the bucket.

Put some 2" of water in the bucket.

The mice walk along the cane, try to climb on the tin to get to the peanut butter, the tin rotates, the mice fall. The water drowns them. You can also just use a very deep bucket so they can't jump out but they can jump pretty high!

Mice never learn about these traps as they don't fail or scare the mice away when they go off without a catch. Its instantly ready to catch more mice after a catch (my pb is 9 in 5 Hours)

We had rats in my garage last year:thumbdown: so I shot them, now this year we have mice, I've killed 2 in the last week just been nearly standing on them! So I just pick them up and punt them, so much fun, might take my gun in just incase :thumbup:

Had the bigger brutes come into out yard barn last week and chew the rubber around the truck gear stick and chew a hole in my new arbpro jacket, war was instantly declared and poison bait boxes went down.

I thought it was only 1 but 7 bags went in 1 night so recon it could have been more but hopefully that should have stunted them for now.

Mice I can put up with, rat's are a definite no no!