best ebay barrel and piston kits?

flatyre

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See what you mean - I never use inserts that have a top collar on them, I grind them down so they are the exact length of the existing hole and use a high temperatere permanent threadlock compound and would warranty my repairs for life of the machine!

My advice is to fit a full length threaded insert or purchase an oversize one and grind to size and use a decent threadlock as above. If that doesnt work then I may be able to try a larger insert but would need the cylinder. As you probably know, having the insert is just one part of the story. Doing the machining work and having the correct tools is the other!

Well wurth are a waste of space, 2 weeks plus customs..... No thanks! Flea bay £3.85. For 8 MM Ezlok Carbon with thread lock.... I'll have 5! Will keep you posted....

Well wurth are a waste of space, 2 weeks plus customs..... No thanks! Flea bay £3.85. For 8 MM Ezlok Carbon with thread lock.... I'll have 5! Will keep you posted....

You will need the correct tap and to use the correct tap, you will need to either ream or drill the hole out. If you drill I would use a pillar drill as hand held tends to buck off centre a bit as it digs in, I prefer a ream as it offers more control but am sure you are up to speed on this!

The Ezlok I got needed an 18mm 1.5 tap I believe!

All covered spud! But thank you for the in put. but if I funk it up I'll send it over😝in the mean time any interest in doing a one over on a ms 460 and porting? It's a great stalwart only driven r by one 14 tonner.... Needs tlc, only about 900 hrs on it😜

All covered spud! But thank you for the in put. but if I funk it up I'll send it over😝in the mean time any interest in doing a one over on a ms 460 and porting? It's a great stalwart only driven r by one 14 tonner.... Needs tlc, only about 900 hrs on it😜

Thats fine, just make sure it is for your personal use only as the H&S would frown on you if you supplied it to an employee and they had an accident! I am not saying that ported saws are more dangerous, they generally cause less fatigue on your body as you use a lighter saw for heavier work but always mention this to cover the issue.

PM me for a cost if interested:thumbup: