Drivers CPC...

Ty Korrigan

Hello,

As I understand from reading (I'm good at that)

I do not require a CPC for a 7.5t truck as driving is NOT my occupation.

I am carrying toolsand equipment to be used in my work.

Quote:

Exemptions

You are exempt if the vehicle you drive:

is carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, provided that driving the vehicle is not the driver's principal activity

So I'm good yeh?

It's just my big mouthed Northern monkey of a Brother-in-Law (HGV driver) is telling me I'm wrong (like I've ever been right in his eyes)

Any-one...?

Cheers

Ty

Hello,

As I understand from reading (I'm good at that)

I do not require a CPC for a 7.5t truck as driving is NOT my occupation.

I am carrying toolsand equipment to be used in my work.

Quote:

Exemptions

You are exempt if the vehicle you drive:

is carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, provided that driving the vehicle is not the driver's principal activity

So I'm good yeh?

It's just my big mouthed Northern monkey of a Brother-in-Law (HGV driver) is telling me I'm wrong (like I've ever been right in his eyes)

Any-one...?

Cheers

Ty

I hold my HGV class 1 and my CPC card, my everyday job is a tree surgeon, therefore i can drive the truck to site, cut or climb all day and drive back with no CPC card as my job is a tree surgeon, if i was driving all day and not doing anything else i would be classed as a HGV driver and would require a CPC card. Hope this helps, John.

So do you now need a CPC for a 7.5 tonner?, my licence allows me to drive one not that I have done so for some years.

I went into this quite carefully some time ago when I got pulled driving a Disco and trailer and no CPC was needed for me (5.5 ton), does a 7.5 tonner now need one ?.

Thanks

A

I've just started my second round of cpc days. 1 a year to get them down with less pain.

We went through drivers rules, hours and exemptions. I read it as if it's not your main job ie your a tree surgeon etc you don't because it's not your main job.

However if your lorry is subcontracted regardless if your climbing and bringing your truck. It's hire and reward so a professional drivers card is required as well as copies of your cpc awareness courses and your tacho card in or depending on your exemptions 100km from base a drivers log book and carriers receipt of where it's going. Ie the tip or a transfer station.

Just how I read it from the course.

I hold my HGV class 1 and my CPC card, my everyday job is a tree surgeon, therefore i can drive the truck to site, cut or climb all day and drive back with no CPC card as my job is a tree surgeon, if i was driving all day and not doing anything else i would be classed as a HGV driver and would require a CPC card. Hope this helps, John.

This is how interpreted it, so I don't have CPC.

I'll be following this with interest, I have been doing the cpc courses each year since they came in but it's more that I don't want to loose it, you never know when you may need it in the future.

Anyway this year I asked the trainer about whether somebody who's main job wasn't driving and his take on it was that if you drove to the job, spent the day on site and drove home you were exempt but if you had to drive around during the day to more than one site then you need a cpc.