Faulty Forst ST6

Skyhigh_Arb

Which sales man did you buy the machine through in the first place? Your experiences with forst and especially redwoods are the total opposite of what we have always experienced. Forst chippers have been super reliable and redwoods service perfect. The few times we have needed warrantee, we have wrang them up, they super helpful on the phone, if we can't fix it with there guidance, they drive down pick ours up, leave us a loan machine and then bring it back when it's done. One of the most reasonable company's I've ever dealt with and a real asset to our business. Like I said the exact opposit of your experiences really.

Do redwoods clearly know how servere your issues really are and are refusing to put it right? I feel sure they would want to do something about it and would be gutted to read this thread! Best of luck

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been dealing directly with the Managing Director as i was getting nowhere with staff, however the MD is now coming up with excuses amd fobbing me off! Dont get me wrong im sure there are some good Forst chippers out there. However mine has been anything but a pleasure to own and i feel that there are some critcal design issues that are being ignored and im being told tough basically.

The point im also making is that its meant to be super reliable but yet evryone has had problems even yourself which is ironic considering the company slogan!

Lets be honest are you seeing people bitch and moan about the Timberwolf 230 on here? One person has due to a couple of paint splits and a couple of body panels with tiny cracks and Timberwolf were all over it the next day picking up the machine and providing the highest level of customer service to go above and beyond. This is just my observations of the situation and my experience that i have been through.

Edited by Skyhigh_Arb

Which sales man did you buy the machine through in the first place? Your experiences with forst and especially redwoods are the total opposite of what we have always experienced. Forst chippers have been super reliable and redwoods service perfect. The few times we have needed warrantee, we have wrang them up, they super helpful on the phone, if we can't fix it with there guidance, they drive down pick ours up, leave us a loan machine and then bring it back when it's done. One of the most reasonable company's I've ever dealt with and a real asset to our business. Like I said the exact opposit of your experiences really.

Do redwoods clearly know how servere your issues really are and are refusing to put it right? I feel sure they would want to do something about it and would be gutted to read this thread! Best of luck

I can only agree, well said.

2 and a bit years......... and two chippers later ? That dont sound good by any standard :confused1:

No I swapped my st6 as I wanted a bigger machine , that was the only reason. The service I have had from redwoods over the last 2 years has been the best I have had from pretty much all the firm's I deal with? Only fr jones is on par!

Ian C please do not misunderstand Im glad its worked out for you and as previously stated im sure there are some good Forst chippers out there otherwise the company wouldnt still be trading. I just feel mine was a Friday machine thats rattling itself to peices. Several times now it would seem comonents were not done up correctly. I have also noticed yesterday that the exhaust where it joins the manifold has only two bolts holding it oneven though theres 4 holes so not sure if never fitted or if they have rattled out. My point is if i had of purchased an old chipper with 1000 hours then yes problems may occur from time to time. However on purchasing a brand new machine for the first time i feel let down with the amount of problems that have occurred. Please keep in mind it has only done 156 hours in 18 months!

Feeling your pain bro, hope it gets sorted out.

I entered into an expensive financial agreement once with a bit of machinery that has constantly failed to perform to the standard I expected (it was fantastic on demo, in every department).

I'm still married to her, mind.

It's usually much cheaper to carry on than sever the agreement!

Hahahahaha!

To be clear we have only had a forst collected for repair once (previously redwoods collected our jensens when needed). It was a electrical fault on a tracked 8 inch. We have a st6 nearly a year old with well over 100hrs that has never missed a beat. Any new machine can have problems, no matter the make. We had a jensen that had 3 major issues (including a wheel snapping right off and a complete loom melt down) within 6 weeks of owning it. Redwoods came out every time and fixed it, it then did 3 years hassle free.

Redwoods are really good people in my experience, get hold of them, make sure they really understand the issues and I can't see them not putting you right? Best of luck with it, let us know how it pans out?

After I replied to this Wednesday our local man from redwood was on the phone first thing yesterday morning, we have been promised that our machine will be taken in and sorted.

I would like to think you have had a similar response, good luck with it bud.

• 2 weeks later...
Ian C please do not misunderstand Im glad its worked out for you and as previously stated im sure there are some good Forst chippers out there otherwise the company wouldnt still be trading. I just feel mine was a Friday machine thats rattling itself to peices. Several times now it would seem comonents were not done up correctly. I have also noticed yesterday that the exhaust where it joins the manifold has only two bolts holding it oneven though theres 4 holes so not sure if never fitted or if they have rattled out. My point is if i had of purchased an old chipper with 1000 hours then yes problems may occur from time to time. However on purchasing a brand new machine for the first time i feel let down with the amount of problems that have occurred. Please keep in mind it has only done 156 hours in 18 months!

Hi, would you mind if I asked if you have got any further with this? Thanks