Faulty Forst ST6

Skyhigh_Arb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a TR6, it has had its problems too but the service has been excellent really. We have never had the stalling issue that you mention so I would say that this is an issue with your machine only...

No he is not alone!

Our paint work is crap, it has been in to be repainted, by the looks of it with a bog brush in a dusty yard over the top of the flakey paint and rust! After I said it wasn't good enough I was told it wasn't viable for redwood to repaint the whole machine but they would do us a very good deal when we changed it, we looked at the Arb show and another dealer offered us over 2k more than redwood to trade it in! Good deal my arse :thumbdown:

Ours cuts out at times for no reason, never did get a call back! I changed fuel filter but no change, normally when working hard, reminds me to ring again and waste a little more time

Our top feed roller also slipped over at about a 100 hours, when I spoke to the workshop I was asked if I had a tool box? When I said yes I was told "sort it then" and was promptly hung up on.

Our drawbar also came lose and I had to tighten it, not a big deal and to be expected if I had brought a 5k pile of c@@p from China but on a machine that is claimed to be well built???

Ours is still under 200 hours:thumbdown: could understand it if it was 2000 plus hours and second hand :cursing:

As soon as It is viable to it's going and I WILL NOT be buying another one or dealing with red wood if I can help it.

Edited by Will C

Could be worse you could of bought a chipper off orange plant that make you pay for the parts that are under warranty and go all the way brombough to collect them but when you need your chipper its your livelihood safe to say I will not deal with orange again

Possibly the very worst company (at management level) I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Ty

The finance issue might complicate it slightly bit when I've had to reject items I have always followed a set protocol and stuck to my resolve.

Return the item to them. Directly hand a letter for ally rejecting the machine. No 'repair this or I want my money back'. Simply I am rejecting this item and the legal reasons why. In your case item not fit for purpose/intend. List the opportunities you have return the item for repair. Give a reasonable time frame for your refund (14 days) and provide details for a BACS payment.

They might still refuse. If so launch legal proceedings. Under £10k you can do small claims. Larger them instruct a solicitor.

Do forst have a rep on Arbtalk? Maybe they should get to have their say but if the comments about having a tool box so fix it yourself coment is true then that is shocking. Surely these problems are covered under the 3 year warranty or is it not worth the paper it's written on?

I did not start this to be some sort of slagging off contest, i was purely seek advice as to how i can move forwards as i feel like im sinking and do not know how to move forawrd as this has had a huge affect on my business and day to day running.

I did not expect the uproar that this thread has caused and I had hoped that perhaps Forst/Redwood would of made an appearance in response to this thread as i thought that they had representation for themselves on here! As previously stated Timberwolf are on here to aid any issues that may arrise from time to time.