Stihl vs Husqvarna

Mr Ed

Stihl or Husqy?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Stihl or Husqy?

• Stihl
    • Husqy
    • Other

I voted stihl, as I have 3, the 020t, the 026, and 066. huskies, I got 136, 254XP(still agood little saw) and 372XP. What pee'd me off with Huskies lately is the bad back-up from husky. Stihl seem to care more in this area. Customer service is all you guys!! But as for the difference between them, its really down to personal preference, IMO. I Love my 066 tho (drool smiley)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

husky now all the way stihl seem to be putting cheap crap carbs on there gear now.brought myself a long reach hedge cutter ...back to the factory after second tank as dealer could not evan work out what was wrong with it....got it back and the gear box blew apart before i had evan had the chance to put it to test!

whilst i was in the shop i saw to brand new stihls come back in for carbs and every one i know who has brought a new 200t in the last 6 months they seem to be misbehaving

Husky here, my local dealer sells Stihl and Husky, buy the right model and the performance/price ratio is the deciding factor.

Yes, I know allegedly the 338xp isn't as good as the 200t but I go with the 338's handle's design.

PS. I could be tempted to move camp but only by a 084, 088 (880), 090.

It may sound hard to believe but I've only operated two Huskys in my life time,a 281 and a souped up 346.They are almost non existant in these parts.

About the only modern saws I can really say much about are Stihls.Of course I have my shed full of McCullochs but that falls under a different catagory.

I think that the skills (or lack of) various dealers have an impact on opinions as to the better of these makes. Both are excellent manufacturers of saws, with a long history of good products, but if the dealerships dont offer a good back-up service, then this surely impacts one's opinion about them.