Have a look at this redirect

jimmyp

Was just having a look through You tube and found this.

[ame]

[/ame]

Sorry if this has been posted before. But this looks like the best redirect I have seen, well maybe apart from the whole 3x rope thing ha ha, but it follows the whole KISS (keep it simple stupid lol) thing to a whole new level.

What does every one else think?

I use that quite often when returning back from a point where I would be taking a massive swing to get back in. Works well for that. I'm no expert but for me it just adds loads of friction into the system, which hinders movement, especially when branch walking, and is the whole reason why we use SRT, to get away from that. I would always pass my line through a natural redirect before doing this if the situation allowed. Having said that, returning to the main spar as I previously said, and maybe dropping down to the ground where too many redirects would hinder line retrieval, then yeah, this is good.

So what retrievable redis do you guys use? ?? I was up a silver maple on Friday and needed one! Where were you guys?? :P;

Thats a good question, I tested this out today and in some situations this is great.

I find that the minty can be a bit temperamental on retrieval and at that point I would rather go with a static redirect and retrieve it myself.

Will give the bomb proof batman ago soon though, but both of these require another line and some times this set up will be much quicker. Also this can be way more useful then setting up a 3:1 every time. Thats my 2 cents.