Avao sit black

dsearle

Anybody used this or any other Avao's seem really cheap. £140

Wouldnt recommend petzl avao harness for professional climber,part time or recreational possibley.

I found it tortured my knackers,little to no back support and the fixed anchor ring is extremly limiting when moving around the tree and getting into a comfy work position.

Its cheap for a reason-its crap

Unfortunately I thought as much. Saw it on Sorbus and hoped I had stumbled across a gem.

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble mate.Im pretty sure the sit and sit fast harnesses were designed to be combined with the petzl

top croll chest harness to also make it a fall arrest harness.

But steer clear

Anybody used this or any other Avao's seem really cheap. £140

I think harness choice is very personal.

I have used a Petzl Navaho in commercial utilityarb for years..... Day in, day out.

Despite only getting it for my Aerial rescuer, I have preferred it over my komet dragonfly and stein harness.

I would describe my climbing style as 'scamperer', rather than 'sack of spuds'.

My harness is used as mitigation should I slip, rather than a means of support.

I have recently stated using a Avao (as a replacement to my ageing Navaho), and I find it utterly superb.

Horses for courses, I suppose!

I would agree harness choice is very much a personal choice,im not sure how i would describe my climbing style,but as a tree surgeon id say i climb ropes rather than trees.

I still have my petzl sit harness which i used for ariel rescue course and then retired it.Maybe it would be good for spiking and pole work.just my opinion

I used the navaho for a couple of years and hated it. Often got pins and needles in my feet and felt like it was cutting into my back. And as the D-ring at the front is fixed, it becomes very painful when stretching into a funny position when trying to get that bit on the end of the branch with your silky.

I got it too because it was cheap. Wont be making that mistake again. As stihlmadasever said, i dont mean to put you out, but as much as i love climbing, i dreaded having to climb, just because i had to get into that harness.

Now i have the new Tree Austria harness, and that is VERY comfotable. Have often spent many hours in it without a problem:001_smile: 2 of my workmates are very happy with it too.

On the other hand, a workmate has the seqoiua, and says its comfortable enough