Diesel the security dog in France killed

mendiplogs

Hi all your thoughts on diesel the security dog in France killed by terrorists this your thoughts on it please they were talking about on today on the Somerset radio some on radio said It only dog I think them dogs do a great job thanks Jon

Jon the idiots comparing the dog that was killed while on duty to just a dog have once again shown their other discontent for law enforcement.

That dog will receive at least a formal burial from the Police if not from the French Government for acting as bravely as it and the other police did in order to raid the apartment complex that was held by the Terriorst :thumbup1:

I am not a dog person by nature, however I have the utmost respect for the handlers of Police or Military K-9 units that are trained to handle very complex situations at a moments notice. 3 weeks ago there was a stolen car suspect hiding in a swamp in Tampa. Seems he was not willing to come out on his own so a K-9 unit was called in to flush him out. Seems the perp did not want to come out peacefully and in the process attempted to drown the K-9 unit. Needless to say his handler did not take kindly to his partner being attacked so the Deputy send 3 rounds down the perps way.

The K-9 deputy surrived and the perp in time died of his wounds:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Jon the idiots comparing the dog that was killed while on duty to just a dog have once again shown their other discontent for law enforcement.

That dog will receive at least a formal burial from the Police if not from the French Government for acting as bravely as it and the other police did in order to raid the apartment complex that was held by the Terriorst :thumbup1:

I am not a dog person by nature, however I have the utmost respect for the handlers of Police or Military K-9 units that are trained to handle very complex situations at a moments notice. 3 weeks ago there was a stolen car suspect hiding in a swamp in Tampa. Seems he was not willing to come out on his own so a K-9 unit was called in to flush him out. Seems the perp did not want to come out peacefully and in the process attempted to drown the K-9 unit. Needless to say his handler did not take kindly to his partner being attacked so the Deputy send 3 rounds down the perps way.

The K-9 deputy surrived and the perp in time died of his wounds:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Hi TED may be the only way to deal with people this mate I will pm you now thanks Jon

To open a can of worms.

People get besotted with dogs and some actually love them more than any other human.

Yet most of mankind eat other things. ( I'm actually veggie but don't go round pushing my viewpoints on other people) beef, cute little lambs, chicken, pig etc. but because others eat these animals as standard behaviour around us it's viewed as ok. In Cambodia and Vietnam etc they eat dog and I'm as ok with that as eating cow or any other living creature. As I don't eat meat. I expect the dog lovers to scorn reading this. I was fond of my parents border collie that died last year. He was a fantastic friend and intelligent companionship to have.

I also kept pet goats as a teenager they too were intelligent with personalities though not the same kind as a dogs. But for some reason I suggest many people have a narrow minded bias that elevates dogs.

To illustrate rats are trained in Africa to find land mines and probably get blown to smithereens now and again.

How many people had any emotional response to that. Probably none. Yet when I say I saw dogs as flat as a pancake run over in Trinidad when I was there 5 years ago, the emotion will be increased.

Yes it's sad to loose a working dog for its family and handler. But that is life and death.

I met a man very high up in the police force a few years back that meticulously bred German shepherd dogs. He particularly worked to strengthen the back leg weakness.

I asked him,do the police get dogs off him?

His reply was No they don't treat them right he wouldn't let them have them.

The reason I've pointed all this out is because I was quite disappointed in the members on here having the small world view on dogs in the thread earlier in the week. Particularly how Gnome was treated. Looked at objectively he didn't have any evil in the comments. I hate Brussel sprouts but I don't go expressing that by hacking other peoples veg.

We all can have our own views. Respect the free will and opinions of others and move on. Or we can be small minded and contribute to the anamosity of the world like the few fools last week in Paris enforcing their beliefs and in their eyes righteous death penalties on others.

I say let's all get on and respect each other's views and be less "dogmatic"