Getting work

Bird

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the cold calling idea.I have done it too,works very well.Especially if as stated you look professional.In addition to a professional image,it is also important to have professional tools.This little idea has made me thousands...

Buy a volt meter from Ebay,£10 gets you one.

Mask off the screen

Spray paint it Green

Remove Tape

Now you have your own "cellulose integrity meter"

When you knock on the door,ask the client if they would like a free Tree check.If yes,push both probes into the bark,turn the dial and write the readings down.Then get out your Collins World of Trees and index the reading against the page number that the particular Tree you are "reading" is on.

Of course the reading and the page are miles out and viola! you have a sale!

On the cold calling idea.I have done it too,works very well.Especially if as stated you look professional.In addition to a professional image,it is also important to have professional tools.This little idea has made me thousands...

Buy a volt meter from Ebay,£10 gets you one.

Mask off the screen

Spray paint it Green

Remove Tape

Now you have your own "cellulose integrity meter"

When you knock on the door,ask the client if they would like a free Tree check.If yes,push both probes into the bark,turn the dial and write the readings down.Then get out your Collins World of Trees and index the reading against the page number that the particular Tree you are "reading" is on.

Of course the reading and the page are miles out and viola! you have a sale!

Is this used in conjunction with the velcro fungal brackets???:biggrin:

Cellulose Integrity Meter... :laugh1: wrong on so many levels :lol:

The Scientologists had some kind of similar device which they used to sell for thousands of dollars. Now the US government makes them put stickers on them saying "this is not a medical instrument" but you can still buy them. Great idea. If you don't trust your trees, just stick the integrity meter on them. Your trees could be plotting against you. And you have no way of knowing. Unless you buy the Cellulose Integrity Meter ! Gas :thumbup:

I don't want to dampen your spirits but it is hard work setting up a business and there is a help of a lot to think about, a lot of what has already been talked about and more. I am in the process off doing it at the moment and have almost 8 years climbing experience under my belt.

I keep coming across things that I haven thought of or thought fully through yet.

It seem like you are probably alright for money so that's a good start but I would say you are lacking slightly in experience with the tree side of things. You may have taken down a few smaller trees but if you want to get in to the industry fully I would advise you taking a level 2 course to get an idea of what you are getting in to. As you might find it is really your cup of tea. What I'm saying is it's one thing to do smaller jobs but if you want to be rigging big trees down etc you should have some idea of what is involved.

Not trying to put you off but I would take some time to get to know the industry. There is a lot involved. It pays to know how long it would take to take down or reduce a big tree so you have an idea of pricing. Most experienced climbers are on the £100-£150 mark if not more.

Hope this helps and good luck