Wonder why these fell over?

benedmonds

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the score in my instance then? See post #23.

Dig a preparatory trench before trees become established??

Or write and tell them your intentions to dig a trench. Then they're informed of your intentions so if they fail to install a root barrier, they are negligent if the roots cross your boundary and your rightful actions destabilise their trees!

Dig a preparatory trench before trees become established??

Or write and tell them your intentions to dig a trench. Then they're informed of your intentions so if they fail to install a root barrier, they are negligent if the roots cross your boundary and your rightful actions destabilise their trees!

These are decent folk (bit stupid mind). We went away last week, he put our dustbin out and fetched it back in. He saw our window cleaner and paid him, got a tab and I paid him back, we do the same if they are away......... Why on earth would people that seem to be so switched on plant trees right on the boundary of their and other people's property?:confused1:

These are decent folk (bit stupid mind). We went away last week, he put our dustbin out and fetched it back in. He saw our window cleaner and paid him, got a tab and I paid him back, we do the same if they are away......... Why on earth would people that seem to be so switched on plant trees right on the boundary of their and other people's property?:confused1:

They probably quite simply haven't thought about it. People generally plant trees and forget that they grow, sounds stupid, but it's quite true and has generated me, and plenty others on here I'm sure, a lot of work over the years. As far as the roots go - they're out of sight and out of mind, very few people will give even a moments thought to tree roots (until you start mentioning things like subsidence and house foundations). They sound like nice neighbours, just not switched on to trees and their irritating habit of growing. :lol:

Been thinking on this for a bit now, but heres my take..

As a judge trying a case like this I'd have to put it down to an unforeseen accident due to an act of god...

The fact that those tree's had obviously been neglected would abrogate any intended or unintended damage to the root system trespassing onto the neighbors property..

Any costs should be borne by the owner of those tree's, and not the neighbor..

In a word, the owner deserved what he/she got.....

Hi EGGS they do around plants in people boundary mate thanks Jon