Question about echo cs 620 sx

john andrews

Its that time shortly where i need to start replacing some of my older saws, i have been lucky enough to have a go on the husky 560 through a friend, a new 560 and it felt nice to cut with and the saw had very little use, In work i'm supplied with a stihl ms 261 which is a good saw but we have had a few which eat bearings, through my day job we've got some husky 346 xp and 357xp which just same brillant saws, i'm a little put off with a lot of problems people seem to be getting from buying new saws fitted with auto tune etc, i would like to find and buy a good second hand 346 & 357 which will hopefully serve me well, so my question to the gents on here is, how does the echo 620 rate to the husky 357, i know the 620 is slightly more cc, but when it comes down to sticking it into a trunk for felling etc does it perform as good as the non tune husky saws, basically will i love it or be disappointed with it, i don't know anyone with a 620, so i can't have a little play, many thanks john

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was buying new I'd be hard pressed to decide between Echo and Husky. I live my 550 to bits, and am about as anal as they come about maintenance, but I just can't see it lasting like an older saw.

I was in the market for a 60cc saw so I bought a seized 357 for £100, sent it to a repair tech on here called Spud, who fixed, serviced, and ported it for me.

Ended up with a screaming madman of a saw that will last for ages for a touch over half the price of a new saw.

Hi

A friend of mine has an E c h o 6 2 0 s x and swears by it - spaces to obfuscate you know whos searches :D

If you come over to France they still sell 346xp 629 euros & exchange rate looks quite good at the mo!

must admit, I do like the older 3 series Huskies.

N

Edited by NFG

I've used Geoffs 620...I have to say, it's the Badgers nadgers, good value too. I run a 450, its a good gound saw, a bit heavy for what it does, but it starts on the 2nd pull...every time. Just what I want next to the chipper