Pfanner protos helmet

Thesnarlingbadger

Had a Protos almost since they came out. Great protection, comfortable for those with a medium size head. Sweat band can be swapped out at break once it's soaked. Noise protection not quite as good as the other helmets, especially around a chipper.

We run Sena comms in them. Installs nicely on the side as opposed to the back of other helmets where it's a bit more awkward to use.

If this one broke I'd buy another tomorrow.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wearing mine, now :thumbdown::thumbdown:its cooled down a bit (way too hot in summer). I've taken the honeycomb pad out of the top. The earmuffs and visor are good, but I miss the coolness and adjustability of an Ecrin Roc. I won't buy another one.:thumbdown:

I've had my protos since the 5/6th of last June, so about 5 months. It's the biggest waste of money ever and I'm massively disappointed in the build quality.

When not in use mine has it's own little hook in my van it lives on so it dosnt get thrown about ever, however despite my care for it the sponge clip-in Insert that sits against your for head refuses to stay clipped in for more than half an hour. If the ear muffs arnt pushed back up inside the helmet when not in use they pivot in the bracket and then just slip out very easily, this usually happens just after lunch.

To extend the chin strap you need to have the fingers of a double jointed child pianist, fiddly is an understatement!

The straps come out of the little slots they sit in that keeps them orientated properly and then proceed to get twisted up. easy enough to sort out but I find I'm doing it every time I go to put the helmet on.

And finally the clip on the back of the helmet that makes it sit tight on your head always gets flicked open by bits on twig getting underneath it.

Mine smells like death already too.

Just goes to show, sometimes paying more money doesn't guarantee the best kit...I an quite surprised though, Ive had Pfanner stuff for years and it's been top notch. Petzl Ecrin Roc is the best I've had by far...and it's no great drama to fit the Stein PTT comms muff on it.

I've had my protos since the 5/6th of last June, so about 5 months. It's the biggest waste of money ever and I'm massively disappointed in the build quality.

When not in use mine has it's own little hook in my van it lives on so it dosnt get thrown about ever, however despite my care for it the sponge clip-in Insert that sits against your for head refuses to stay clipped in for more than half an hour. If the ear muffs arnt pushed back up inside the helmet when not in use they pivot in the bracket and then just slip out very easily, this usually happens just after lunch.

To extend the chin strap you need to have the fingers of a double jointed child pianist, fiddly is an understatement!

The straps come out of the little slots they sit in that keeps them orientated properly and then proceed to get twisted up. easy enough to sort out but I find I'm doing it every time I go to put the helmet on.

And finally the clip on the back of the helmet that makes it sit tight on your head always gets flicked open by bits on twig getting underneath it.

Mine smells like death already too.

I was looking for this sort of input. The kind of things that really get on your wick when working. Thanks mate good to know. I will see if I can borrow an old one of a mate and see how I get on.

Cheers again

Got no input on the helmet, just that you mentioned about your helmet being smelly! Mine literally crawls away, it's rank.. I wash the padding every now and then but it doesn't last. I'd be interested to hear anyone that has experience with a lid that doesn't kick up after a week of wearing it!

Put your helmet in the dishwasher comes out like new👌