BOLA (Bulldog OAR Lanyard Adjuster)

surveyor

Here is a video made by John, a US climber (used by permission. thanks John for making it). He shows well the function of the BOLA, which is made with a chain link spine and chain link friction points. The arms are Stainless, and even tho the spine has the spring clip installed for assembly, I have also riveted the spring clip side with a rivet tool also. This adjuster is purpose built for 7/16" KM III only. A neat feature of the BOLA is that it will self tend directly from the teardrop attach point.

Cheers, Gordon

[ame]

[/ame]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Jesse, I would suggest the Bulldog Bone for a single leg mode. : )

sorry for the late reply gordon , the bone is a little to big for a lanyard adjuster i think , I use an art positioner and it can hold and release in single leg mode with my weight on it , if this device could do that id be sold ...... mind you i still need to get a bone don't i :001_tt2:

• 3 months later...

This BOLA is wider and will accept most if not all of the ropes that the Bone likes. The friction links are nickel plated steel and both outer friction pins have bollards, while the inner friction points are the pins. When heavily weighted it will release by pulling down on the bottom arm, with the top arm engaged and providing friction. Otherwise it can be released by manipulating the top arm. Slack tending is smooth and consistant.

IMG_1721_zpsuc8msr7e.jpg

This BOLA is wider and will accept most if not all of the ropes that the Bone likes. The friction links are nickel plated steel and both outer friction pins have bollards, while the inner friction points are the pins. When heavily weighted it will release by pulling down on the bottom arm, with the top arm engaged and providing friction. Otherwise it can be released by manipulating the top arm. Slack tending is smooth and consistant.

IMG_1721_zpsuc8msr7e.jpg

That looks fantastic Gordon.

Edit: BTW I'm still loving my BDB so thank you for making it.