woodburners and heat reclamation

shillo

I'm sure someone a while back was talking about sucking heat out of their hot room (room with wood burner in!) and blowing it through insulated pipes in the loft to the bedrooms.

Anybody got any ideas on that subject? are there companies that make specific kits for that type of application?

reason i ask is that we have a bungalow, lounge gets boiling, bedrooms gets freezing so we still have to have central heating on to warm the bedrooms.

seams crazy when i have a shed load of wood!

getting a bigger wood burner with back boiler and re plumbing the house I'm sure would be prohibitively expensive.

i fitted a stove for friendswith a brand new eco house this has a whole house ventilation/heat recovery system of some sort fitted where it takes heat out of the say the kitchen when cooking filters the smells out and makes an even temp house

I'm sure someone a while back was talking about sucking heat out of their hot room (room with wood burner in!) and blowing it through insulated pipes in the loft to the bedrooms.

Anybody got any ideas on that subject? are there companies that make specific kits for that type of application?

reason i ask is that we have a bungalow, lounge gets boiling, bedrooms gets freezing so we still have to have central heating on to warm the bedrooms.

seams crazy when i have a shed load of wood!

getting a bigger wood burner with back boiler and re plumbing the house I'm sure would be prohibitively expensive.

We have an MHRV, mechanical heat recovery ventilation, which has a load of vents installed with ins and outs in various rooms, and an in and out to the outside.

Cold fresh air is grabbed from outside, and warmth is exchanged from inside, and then the air is distributed to the rest of the house.

Have an "in" in the airing cupboard, and in the boiler stove room, and in the kitchen, toilet, and bathroom (removing warm wet air) and outs everywhere else.

No more mould, that part worked, but I would not swear to the house being much warmer! Definitely a lot dryer though. And we stopped drying any clothes on radiators, after I realised (doh) that all that water that comes out when I use a tumble dryer now would just be going into the air, and then into the walls!