Pto chipper for alpine tractor?

Oaklay

Only ever had bother with the 10" version clogging with very long wispy willow or if the blades were dull or blade anvil gap was set too large to make bigger chip for footpaths, crane fed it lots to and apart from ripping the whole hopper off once by opening the grab too much inside and lifting at same time we never had any problems with it.

The 260 is a capable machine for sure but the 160 was a waste of time , think Mike hill had a 160 as well and came to the same conclusion.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone has covered most points but I'd be apprehensive about taking a big pto onto a steep site on the back of an alpine. I have a agt 835 forestry spec and, as the all do, the handling is great but with 500kg+ on the back you'd be asking for trouble on wet slopes.

As an alternative idea how about hiring a tracked dumper to get the tracked chipper in and about? £300-500 for a week but you could load the chipper into it then slow on the bad bits and put you foot down on the more level bits? I've used a 3 ton before and it was pretty quick.

Thank you everyone for your input, lots really helpful stuff. Think I've come to the conclusion that the alpine can't safely carry a big enough chipper into site (it's pretty steep in parts). The volume of clearance really warrants an 8 inch chipper (clearly alpine has no chance). Looking into getting forst in :-)

Thanks all

Pedantic comment alert!!

Ferrari, BCS and Pasquali are all the same. Carraro are reputedly a bit more good.:001_smile:

Didn't know about the putting it in gear thing. Top tip:thumbup:

We love a pedant!

I get mixed up, if it's in a foreign tongue, me being a Brit ignoramus I just scrunch the file up and put it in a grey matter virtual paper basket incase it might be useful later.

Every foreign language is the same to me as well!

Being the wally as Well I went in said tractor today for a spanner and forgot to look at sticker. I will take a photo....