Advice needed on landscaping logo

flatyre

cheers for the advice folks, I should play it safe and just go with a more traditional logo, name below a tree, leaf, you know, but I want something a bit different, trouble is not making it too complicated or vague. The top design is a bit builder/estate agent, the bottom one was a spur of the moment thing. Any idea how to make a logo interesting, intriguing, memorable without being too complex, after all there's no one as dumb as joe public.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or this....

final%20design%201_zpswiqs0jbx.png

Nicely done but everyone's got one like that. Just my opinion but you won't stand ot at all witha logo like that.

I thought you were on to something with your original logo. I agreed with the comment about the garden looking like railway sleepers (concrete ones!) but I muucked about with it a bit (see below) and if you're design ethos is to integrate vegetation, fencing and other garden furniture and the building materials of the clietn's house in a pallette of colours, this might say it, as it hints at decking, lawn, paths or slabbing and whatever black is (could be the street). I skewed the perspective sideways because straight-on did look a bit Habitat Homes-ish. I widened the H and L in the building to make the proportions look a little more relaistic, but I thought it was clever to use the spaces as you did to get 3 windows and a door. My version is a bit rough, I spent 5 minutes on it, but if I was you I'd work on that idea.

Just my opinion, good luck with it. If your logo shows imagination, people wioll seek you out. Unimaginative logo, unimaginative landscaper.

59766e63ae296_habitat1.1_zpsaejtazix2.jpg.eb3757c7e61e3d65f84e4cd57df97427.jpg

Your 1st design was to generic. The 2nd design was juvenile. Is the name of your company habitat landscaping?. If so may I suggest using some existing landscape designs with a combination elevation and plan view perspective. When customers ask for a business card why not give them a taste of your own work instead of something off the shelf. I would place the company name Habitat Landscaping on the card design, like this:

Habitat Landscaping

Insert graphics of your work

Name and contact information

easy-lift guy

ps. The name and contact info would appear in the lower right hand corner

of this design, not on the left as shown on this reply.

Edited by easy-lift guy