emergency contact numbers

Dean O

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if you don't have a lock on your phone. Most people with smart phones have them set to auto lock so any would be rescuer won't be able to access the contacts.

Now that's one of those easily overlooked but obvious things... will have to look into that one. :blushing:

Thanks.

padding out an emergency contact sheet for vehicle packs

ive got the obvious - 999,912

non emergency medical and police, regional fire

bat helpline

tree officer contacts

anything else??

thanks

Dean

i think this is a good idea but shouldnt this stuff be in the site specific risk assessment anyway?

...appears to be via fingerprint recognition available on contemporary android phones.

Don't ask me - ask Google.

Mine is a galaxy s6, it works through the same feature that allows you to call emergency numbers with the phone locked, just add your ICE contacts to the emergency numbers list!

There are areas of bad phone reception. in many of these it is still possible to send and receive texts, but not to make or receive a call. 999 will not accept text normally, but if you pre register, then you can text 999 should the need arise. Also good if low battery.

Just text "register" to 999 to get more info.

I did it for mountain rescue as well as work. just in case.

Doesn't 112 work in this situation? I was always under the impression it does due to using satellites (US military) rather than masts?

Could well be wrong.

I thought it was only though mobile phone signal, so if you haven't got any sort of service across any of the network providers you can't use 112.

A neighbour works for the EA, when they work in the remote mid wales mountains area they have a satellite phone as part of their RA.