Idiot proof tools

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
not to many issues but did a couple of times. can see it might in really wet ground but that can be said for anything on wheels definitely low impact still

Logrite have launched wide wheels and tyres as an option for both the Junior and Buck arch (ATV and Fetching arch have always had massive tyres). We've got some on their way over from the US now.

All depends on the ground, most customers have no problems with the standard tyres but if the ground gets waterlogged and soft then you may need to consider a wider option.

Some customers like to setup a winch and drag the arch out as mentioned. The Fetching model is designed for this, so the wheelbase and tyres make it low and wide. The Junior and Buck models benefit from bigger wheels for winch extraction, to increase the width and stability.

I just got a Woodchuck Timberjack via Lawrence from

Chainsawbars ? chainsaw chains, chainsaw bars and chainsaw accessories

Will let you know how it is when i get round to using it.

Interesting. That's what we call a log roller, our "TreeJacks" are a mechanical strut for pushing over leaning trees so completely different to that.

We sell the Logrite Canthooks and Log stands, which together make a similar product to what you show in the photos. Bit of info here.

Regards,

Interesting. That's what we call a log roller, our "TreeJacks" are a mechanical strut for pushing over leaning trees so completely different to that.

We sell the Logrite Canthooks and Log stands, which together make a similar product to what you show in the photos. Bit of info here.

Regards,

Saved your site in my favorites.

Seen some nice products of interest.

Cheers

I took a quick detour on my way back to the Shire from London yesterday, and picked up a Tree Jack III from the very helpful Dr David at Orion. I shall report back when I have used it for a while.

Slightly confused as it looks a lot more like a long, thin cardboard box than I was expecting but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

David has a very nice stove showroom and lots of interesting forestry tools on show if you are ever in the Stansted area!:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I use a tree jack a fair bit. It's a heavy old lump to lug around the woods but it does come in very handy.

I wouldn't say it's by any means idiot proof though, and it will provide an idiot with a multitude of new ways to get himself into even more trouble. Particularly on soft ground!

Regards,

Hi TZ GREAT BITS of kit saves your back HIOKAROON are great 👍👍❤️❤️Thanks Jon