What tipper truck is the best?

Nicholas Pearson

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a tipping truck. What is the best make and model?

It will need to tow a traked timberwolf and obvious room for tools and possibly room for the kids to sit in just incase I have to use the truck.

I obviously need something reliable and strong. I have heard horror stories about ford transits and there differentials.

Any advice will help as there seems to be loads of choice.

Cheers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transit diffs arnt as bad as you may have heard. Think of the number of these vans in use. It stands to reason there will be more stories of this an that going wrong. Transits have always done us ok. Jap stuff.....probably reliable. I always think the cab looks flimsy. Ive seen thicker fag papers than the doors on those things

We have got two isuzu tippers, IMO they are the best trucks for arb. Thy are built like little lorries and not vans and the gearing on them is more suitable for towing and carrying large loads. We also have a transit and the difference between the two is massive. The only downside to isuzu is that the servicing and parts are dearer as you are paying 'lorry prices'. Overall wouldn't have anything else. There's quite a few threads on here about the isuzu's

Transits are cheep to buy & run there a lot of truck for the money, Isuzu as pointed out already are very nice but dear to buy & run at the end of the day it's all down to how much your spending

One thing I would say that if your towing a tracked chipper you need to get a powerfull truck to handle it, my transit is 145 BHP and pulls but my mates transit is a 90 BHP and it's depressing slow & struggles

Transits are cheep to buy & run there a lot of truck for the money, Isuzu as pointed out already are very nice but dear to buy & run at the end of the day it's all down to how much your spending

One thing I would say that if your towing a tracked chipper you need to get a powerfull truck to handle it, my transit is 145 BHP and pulls but my mates transit is a 90 BHP and it's depressing slow & struggles

You say that but i run a transit 90. I can fully load it up and with trailer, tracked chipper and stump grinder on the back 2250kg it will still pull ok and get up to 50-60mph. What more can you want then that?