Piranha Chainsaw Chain - Press Release

Steve Bullman

Nine pages of feedback and you STILL haven't decided whether to spend 6 quid or not :thumbup::lol:

Your decision section of your brain must be well backed up:001_tt2::thumbup:

Hey, they are £12 ish for two.... and I'll 'ave you know my chains are filed in the smallest increments possible to last!

It's not the decision section of my brain that's preventing my order.... it's the emotional part of peeling cobwebs from my wallet. :001_huh:

cheers, Steve

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your £12 will be well spent after using the chain to dismantel a hawthorn tree crown reduced a Chery reduce a holly tree and take down two for trees chain is well up there with the sthil chains 9/10 in my opinion and the price is unbeatable haven't needed to sharpen just yet but every thing elce is spot on so peel back the cob webs release the moths and find the £12 lol

Your £12 will be well spent after using the chain to dismantel a hawthorn tree crown reduced a Chery reduce a holly tree and take down two for trees chain is well up there with the sthil chains 9/10 in my opinion and the price is unbeatable haven't needed to sharpen just yet but every thing elce is spot on so peel back the cob webs release the moths and find the £12 lol

Yeah, yeah. :001_rolleyes:

It's not so much of a bargain, actually :thumbdown: ... they are £12.79 for two, thats a whopping 79p more than £12. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

cheers, steve

I haven't opened my wallet yet either, they didn't bother replying to me on ebay so can't get chains for my saws there.

I did notice they added 100' reels of chain to the website at £149.48 + vat (£179.38 incl) with free delivery but I decided against buying the chain described as being a fraction of the cost of regular chains from them and went with a 100' reel of Windsor chain (made by Blount who also make Oregon chain) from my usual supplier for £133.55 inc vat (usual bog standard not discounted price) with free delivery saving myself £45.83 by doing nothing different to normal.

If they ever get their act together & offer proper prices on the website or list the full range on ebay at the typical prices they have there then I will try them but until that happens I can't be bothered wasting my time trying to contact them any more.

I completely agree about NorthernArb's pricing of their chains.

I can buy two Piranha .325" 1.5mm 72 link chains for my processor from their eBay site for £11.76....fair enough price. I mailed them and asked about reels, they replied that they would work out a price and put them on their website and eBay.

I've worked out that, going on their price for a 100' reel, a single chain would cost me £6.98 to make. (100ft reel has 1848 links which is 25x72 link chains, £174.73/25=£6.98)

This reminds me of a Russian friend years ago who put the price up for bulk sales because he thought that if someone wanted a lot of something it meant they wanted it a lot so he could charge more.....

Lol yes but you get FREE postage FREE:thumbup:

OMG!!!! That sealed the deal!!

I have (shock horror) actually placed an order.

My review of said chain will commence after I've cut numerous woodage and eventually filed it down to its final cheese wire thin cutting edge. :thumbup:

cheers, steve