How have you older climbers changed your style in the last few years.

Mick Dempsey

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groundwork is the engine room....

S'right, I spend a lot of time looking at my jobs and working out the quickest way of getting the tree from standing in the garden to in little pieces in the back of the trucks. Which of course means the clients cheque from his book into my bank account.

Where's the bottleneck? Chipper not big enough? Get a bigger chipper, spend all afternoon ringing up and hand balling wood into the truck? Get a loader of some sort. Getting wood on the ground i.e. Giving the groundies something to do is never a problem. Poor sods.

It turns big weights into smaller ones.yet it allows you the pull force of a bearing pulley. I use it instead of stubs on a tree. I also tip tie everything for my ground guy to pull up and in. And then lower. They don't have to bother with a porta wrap. I self lower they untie and walk to the chipper. It's compact, fits on my harness easy. I'll use my tail sometimes to rig down branches. For smaller limbs it will hold without even having to hold it so I can then push it on down the tree. I could go on and on about the advantages. It just makes it all too easy.