Transit crew cab . Feedback please .

White Noise

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you fitted one of those padlocks to the outside of the crew cab door . I think the wire would slow down any would be chancers .:thumbup:

No padlocks, i disconnected the handle so you have to reach through a small hole behind the passenger seat to open the back door, parked at night it is tight against my fence passenger side so you would have to go in through the drivers door cut through the timber bulkhead lift the saws cutting the wire first, whilst the alarm is going off, still only a deterrent.

Detracted from the thread a bit there i like mine and just put two new wings on it and sprayed it, it looks fine.

No padlocks, i disconnected the handle so you have to reach through a small hole behind the passenger seat to open the back door, parked at night it is tight against my fence passenger side so you would have to go in through the drivers door cut through the timber bulkhead lift the saws cutting the wire first, whilst the alarm is going off, still only a deterrent.

Detracted from the thread a bit there i like mine and just put two new wings on it and sprayed it, it looks fine.

Well cheers for that . Older Transit it is to be . Thanks again .

Thats what I said, only takes about 2 attempts to get used to not having a handle. Remove it and smooth it though, not just disconnect.:001_cool:

Serious or are you just winding me up . I would and I probably will but dont know where to start .

Nah sorry mate, aint for sale at moment, I know what trouble it is to find a decent one though. Check floor and everything for rust, check engine / gear box / prop shaft, check suspension, everything else can be tarted or fixed / replaced easy peasy.

Nah sorry mate, aint for sale at moment, I know what trouble it is to find a decent one though. Check floor and everything for rust, check engine / gear box / prop shaft, check suspension, everything else can be tarted or fixed / replaced easy peasy.

Alright cheers anyway . Shame on you for getting me all excited about a little drive up to yorkshire .:lol:

we've had both and I would recomend the mark 6 transit (2000-2006) over the previous model. It has all the same positive points such as reliability and useability, plus it is alot nicer looking. The crewcab space is bigger, so removing the seats and making a strongbox is alot easier.

we've had both and I would recomend the mark 6 transit (2000-2006) over the previous model. It has all the same positive points such as reliability and useability, plus it is alot nicer looking. The crewcab space is bigger, so removing the seats and making a strongbox is alot easier.

Soooo for an extra 2-3 grand you can have a transit that is slightly more aesthetically pleasing?? and a little more room to clutter up with junk??:001_tt2: