Stobarts not collecting wood chip anymore!! Now what to do with it Ideas???

HRG Tree Services

you minos have no chance 10,000t, :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

Its always been difficult to source being within easy haulage distance to Drax hopefully with the demise of Drax it will become easier although Wilton is still within haulage distance. If the writing was not on the wall for Drax I would not be looking to put a plant in Lincs.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more to do with the euro vs pound at the moment. Roundwood chip is lying around the hillsides not moving to the likes of Lockerbie so non-roundwood derived chip is even less likely to shift. You're going to have to sit this one out.

I don't think that's likely at all, the pound is linked to the euro..

Chip disposal in Surrey is a major problem since Slough changed their incinerators to burn household waste instead of chip. They were the only user locally of arb chip that made logistical and economical sense. Since then its been a downward spiral and anywhere that could take chip is stacked out with the stuff. Logistics is the problem.

Bob

ehhhhmmm, no it's not.

err I'm afraid it is...

it might not seem obvious but believe you me it is...

you might want to find a graph of Pound Euro fluctuations and look at any correlation between the two, I suspect you'll find they fluctuate together..

and when they do fluctuate, its being tweaked to get both currencies back on an even keel...

how else do you expect British Business to compete with their European partners if their currencies are all over the place..

Heres how it works, one of the two currencies falls or rises against the other, the banks intervene and either spend or sell to get back to equilibrium ..

one of the advantages of being in Europe see...stability..

err I'm afraid it is...

it might not seem obvious but believe you me it is...

you might want to find a graph of Pound Euro fluctuations and look at any correlation between the two, I suspect you'll find they fluctuate together..

and when they do fluctuate, its being tweaked to get both currencies back on an even keel...

how else do you expect British Business to compete with their European partners if their currencies are all over the place..

Heres how it works, one of the two currencies falls or rises against the other, the banks intervene and either spend or sell to get back to equilibrium ..

one of the advantages of being in Europe see...stability..

Rubbish imo. Explain to me then why a weak euro / strong sterling is decreasing exports and increasing imports?

Total rubbish if that was the case there would be no movement on currency and I would not have saved £600 on my holiday to Sweden from the date I booked it in Nov 14 to when it had to be paid in Jul 15. Currencies normally fluctuate in long term cycles the pound/euro between the bands 1.15 to 1.45 with the banks/governments intervening when the boundaries are being pushed. At all other times the markets are dictated by the speculators.

did I not say the pound euro fluctuates, and if it fluctuates too much the banks intervene?..

In that sense the pound "is" tied to the Euro..

I mean, when was the Euro worth 3 quid?.... as to speculators even they don't have the clout they once did, and they know it.

Hows someone with a billion going to attempt to manipulate as asset with the backing of trillions...

and I don't know why eddy Stobart isn't taking any more chip, but I suspect government policy might just be looking at scaling back investment in bio power industry..

Its not like burning woodchip is ever going to compete with coal or oil powered generators is it...