Husky 390xp vs 395xp

MrNick

They are quite similar in specs on paper so what would make you choose one over the other?

Im lucky as I have both . Both ported as well . In real world terms the 395 is the stronger . Old school saw but if it aint broke ..... The 390 runs 28" 3/8 and the 395 runs 36" .404 .

Hi

As per Stubby - the 390 has inboard clutch whilst 395 outboard more desirable for milling (mentioned just in case ST is watching :blushing: )

AFAIK they both port well, the 395 carb is slighty limiting. 390 supplied as .058 gauge whilst 395 is .063 - is that right Stubby? somewhat envious you have both!

N

Edited by NFG

I have a 385xp (predecessor to the 390xp) on 36", I've also used a 395xp a fair few times. I prefer the 385/390, which also shares a lot of parts with the 372, so spares are readily available. I also prefer an inboard clutch, as you don't need a piston stop to change the sprocket or bearings. It doesn't affect the handling of the saw that much, despite what a Norwegian ex-serviceman might protest :lol::biggrin:

Spuds got videos of a ported 390 and a ported 395xp the 390 went first then we put the same bar and chain on the 395 with out sharpening, the 395 was noticeably quicker It felt and looked.

Think that was my 390 Matty ?