I think a couple of weeks and it will be in, that is what I was told on the phone.

I'm getting one when it's out, it sounds like a lovely little saw, all my other echo saws are good perfomance reliable saws, that's good enough for me to trust this one to follow in their shoes.

Can anyone tell me more about the cutting equipment?

Specifically if this saw will run the same chain type as the 150t?

Or will it just take a standard 1/4 chain like the 360

This will make all the difference.

If the bar mount is the same as the 260-280tes which i sispect it is then it's a doddle to mod an ms150t bar to fit. Just a case of drilling 2 holes then grinding between the rails down to the new holes

Still waiting for the saw to land guys, spoken to Echo and unfortunately it was pushed back to early December as it is coming in from Japan.

As soon as we get them we'll dispatch all pre orders and let you all know when its here!

May just replace my cs260tes with this and if it's half the saw my 260tes is it'll walk all over the stihl. I have modded an ms150 bar to fit my little echo and it's much more man than an ms150, handles the length of the bar (which is 12") no problem

Got to be the way to go!

The MS150T is the saw it is because of the chain in my opinion. I've had a good play with the Stihl 1/4" pitch picco chain and it is pretty revolutionary in how it cuts.

Super fast, very clean and very economical on the power of the saw.

It's not often there is much in a chain - more in how it is sharpened but this chain is a bit of a ground breaker. I've been using it on a few different smaller saws (mainly an MS192) and the cut speed is amazing. Faster and cleaner than a standard 1/4" chain.

Also on an Echo 280WES with one of the R7 nose bars. As far as cutting performance it really is outstanding.

As far as economy not so much - pretty expensive, not going to get many sharpens on it, can write it off instantly if you hit a foreign body hard enough...

Really to compete with the Stihl MS150T this new Echo saw needs to be running this 1/4" picco chain or equivalent IMO. And no this is not a plug for a Sugihara bar which can do this - as there isn't one! At least not at the moment anyway - as it is very tricky to replicate the nose sprocket to carry this particular chain...

But Stihl only make for Stihl so the only way is to modify a Stihl bar to go on a different saw.

It's small, light and feels great. :)

Arrived too late to get used today though :(

Let you know tomorrow

How did you get on today?